Ask the Mormon

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I don't actually mind peas. If they're cooked right.

Combative napping?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Best prevented with a king size bed.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
That's funny. But I imagine you don't have dogs...you really need like four mattresses sewn together on the floor to be entirely comfortable then. XD

Deffwatch?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Cute.... I'm surprised anyone still remembers the original A-Team theme...
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Soup or power? :lol:
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
ZanySauce wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:15 pm Soup or power? :lol:

—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
How sturdy are the PVC stilts you fabricated for your Spess Mahrine armor?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
They support my weight easily... but the narrowness from side to side makes me nervous because the last thing I need is a broken ankle. I'm considering a redesign to make the bases wider, or at least have a sturdier connection to the base of the foot.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cool. I was considering making a set of stilts for a 'Ween costume, but I think I'm better off without them. And broken ankles. XD

Star Trek Discovery?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:57 am Star Trek Discovery?
I really have no opinion... been waiting for it to drop. Though now it's looking like that may never happen.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I thought it was scheduled for the 26th? And then the rest of the season was CBS all Access?

For me, I lost interest when I saw how preachy the dude was trying to make it.

Cheese stick dippin' sauce: ranch or marinara?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:59 am I thought it was scheduled for the 26th? And then the rest of the season was CBS all Access?

For me, I lost interest when I saw how preachy the dude was trying to make it.

Cheese stick dippin' sauce: ranch or marinara?
To be honest, I really don't know what the deal is with Discovery. One of the trailers I saw said it was coming to Netflix, so if that's the case I'll watch it when it drops there... whenever that is. This show doesn't excite me enough to pay for yet another streaming service just to watch it. I'm a bit nervous about where Star Trek has been going and I may have to cut the thread at some point and just stay with those parts of it I've loved.

Marinara, all day long... but I wouldn't resist trying ranch.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've been hearing Canadian and Mexican Netflix, but that was WIki, so...grain of salt.

However, I feel the same way. When I want Star Trek, I reach for DS9.

How effective do you feel ridiculously long swords actually are?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I hate to be the bearer of bad news to both of you, but for the foreseeable future in the US and Canada, Discovery will be exclusively All Access. Netflix distributes it in every other region (Well, assuming that region has Netflix). I'm really hoping that changes, because while I don't personally object to paying for All Access (I also don't pay for Netflix, but I would totally pay for it if Discovery were available there...), I am not a fan of the fact that it's yet another streaming service with so little added benefit to people with other streaming services. And many people I know are skipping the show because of the distribution model. Which I think is a shame, but I can understand.

I also want to jump in with one point you mentioned...
ArcticFox wrote:I'm a bit nervous about where Star Trek has been going and I may have to cut the thread at some point and just stay with those parts of it I've loved.
I'm curious: which aspects of newer Star Trek stuff are you not a fan of? There are certainly some aspects of newer Trek stuff that I really dislike. I for one hated everything about Into Darkness, and other than the enjoyability of Beyond's references to Enterprise, I am kind of done with Nu Trek movies. I really like Discovery's tone and commitment to somewhat-serial (A phrase that here means the stories avoid hitting the reset button every week) storytelling so far, but I will admit I am not at all a fan of the new Klingon designs... I also find some of the technological discontinuities a little jarring, but here's hoping they at least have some throwaway line explaining it.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:24 pm I'm curious: which aspects of newer Star Trek stuff are you not a fan of?
The Abramsverse Trek comes across to me as just science fantasy action movies with the Star Trek veneer. In fairness, I had the same complaint about some of the later TNG cast movies as well.

I'm also concerned about political virtue signaling. Time will tell whether that's a valid concern or not.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens