Ask the Mormon

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Sstavix wrote:What do you think is the biggest problem facing this country today?
Political polarization. Each side treats the other side as an enemy to be destroyed, not countrymen one has to learn to compromise and live with.
Chozon1 wrote: So much dust, so little allergy medicine?
I would have said pollen, but the principle is the same. :cry:
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I'm only allergic to two things; organic and inorganic matter.

When you carefully coat a miniature in a wash, set it carefully down, then manage to knock it into oblivion (also known as the dark corner between my chair and the couch), coating it in a suave layer of dog hair and dirt?

*tear*
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Oh... that's... painful... :cry:
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Truly. I started to proclaim a reckoning, then realized there was no one to reckon with.

Paint fumes make everything shiny?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Bugs that are never 100% reproducible are the worst?

I was troubleshooting a regular Heisenbug today.

One of our application's features is exporting some metadata in XML form. Pretty straightforward. However, the unit test for this was failing. So I started looking into it, first by running it.

Immediately, I see something is wrong. The XML being returned from the program is very, very different from the test reference. I try debugging, step through some breakpoints, nothing sticks out. So I look at the output again.

The mother trucker has changed. Yep. The output of our XML generator is completely random. I'm not even kidding when I say that I can barely get it to return the same thing twice.

At this point I call my boss over. He's equally confused, but we dig a little deeper. We tested it on code two weeks old. Test passes flawlessly. That means sometime between Monday and August 4, this bug crept in through one of our commits.

At this point, he suggests we send a team-wide email to see if any of the devs at our satellite offices know what's going on. We're still waiting on a response.
UltraHyperGaMeR
Noob
Noob
Pepsi or Cola?
tahnks God! for music!! (눈‿눈) ♪♫♪♬♫
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Paint fumes make everything shiny?
Hehe this is why I stick with acrylic...
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Bugs that are never 100% reproducible are the worst?
Even worse when it's a car...
UltraHyperGaMeR wrote:Pepsi or Cola?
Pepsi. All day long.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Emwok
CCGR addict
Attack on Titan?
Spoiler:

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Hadn't read it. I don't generally read manga though I have a few anime favorites.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Emwok
CCGR addict
The anime is pretty good. Haven't read the manga though.

Kingdom Hearts?
Spoiler:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I was painting shelves, and the only thing we had was enamel. @_@ Enamel paint is of the underworld.

What do you think about Warmachine/Hordes core rules going free?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:The anime is pretty good. Haven't read the manga though.

Kingdom Hearts?
My wife as played it a bunch. I had thought about trying it but to be honest I find most Disney characters annoying.
Chozon1 wrote:I was painting shelves, and the only thing we had was enamel. @_@ Enamel paint is of the underworld.

What do you think about Warmachine/Hordes core rules going free?
Makes sense, since that seems to be the trend these days. Hopefully it'll attract more people to try it.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Emwok
CCGR addict
Some of the characters (especially Sora) are a little bit kid-ish, but overall the story is pretty great. The gameplay is really good too.

Heavy and hard-hitting, or agile and unpredictable?
Spoiler:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
ArcticFox wrote:Makes sense, since that seems to be the trend these days. Hopefully it'll attract more people to try it.
My hope as well. I know when I'm talking about it, I'm happy that I don't have to tell people that, in addition to purchasing expensive models, they also have to purchase slightly expensive rules. Though I still prefer my book, truthfully.

Gnomes?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Emwok wrote:Some of the characters (especially Sora) are a little bit kid-ish, but overall the story is pretty great. The gameplay is really good too.

Heavy and hard-hitting, or agile and unpredictable?
Depends on the situation. Neither tactic beat the Man in the Black Mask...
Chozon1 wrote:Gnomes?
Generally, no.

In my D&D campaign world, Gnomes are nomadic and tend to roam the world as merchant traders.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens