Ask JO(J650s)!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Re: Ask JO(J650s)!

Postby BlockHeadLewie » Wed May 18, 2016 8:34 am

What is your preferred way to handle miscommunication and misunderstanding?
Peace!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?

JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby JOJ650s » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:19 am

I don't like dried coconut, but I love fresh coconut and coconut water. It's delicious. <3
I'll have to try some fresh coconut then. ^-^
Water fountains on your desk?
I... would love that honestly.
The look and sounds of water fountains are truly wonderful.
What is your preferred way to handle miscommunication and misunderstanding?
Peace!
8)
That's a good question, miscommunication and misunderstanding is unfortunately very common for how big the problems it can make.

As for how I handle it... It depends on the situation.

If I notice it in a discussion I am having with someone, I will say something like: "Wait... I am confused, do you mind clarifying that?"
Or alternately I will say (or follow up with) "So... are you saying 'etc etc etc?' or did I completely mis-interpret that?"
Usually I will also add a proper emote at the end of those to lighten the mood if the discussion got slightly heated.
Once it's clear to me I would continue the discussion with "Ah, I see now" or "Ah, I understand what you are saying.",
and if we happen to actually both be agreeing on the same thing, I will apologize for completely reading his post wrong. XD

If I see two people having a heated discussion and I see a possible misunderstanding I try to clear it up kinda like this:
"I think there might be a misunderstanding, I am pretty sure Ted meant to say 'etc etc', at least that's what it seems like, correct me if I am wrong."

If I misread something and say something misleading in context, I would normal say something like. "Oh, I thought Ted said 'etc etc' XD"

If I say something that's misleading I would say. "Ah! I completely said that wrong! I was meaning to say 'etc etc', sorry for the miscommunication."

That's the general idea, though I am always trying to refine my choice of words to give out the right tone.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.

Postby Chozon1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:57 am

Hey, NaNoWriMo participation. ^_^ Want to share anything about your story?

JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby JOJ650s » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Hey, NaNoWriMo participation. ^_^ Want to share anything about your story?
I am excited to be participating. :)

I am actually not yet sure how to explain it in a short or clear way. (Which is probably why my first chapter is a mess) XD
As for world setting though, it does take quite a bit of inspiration from Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.

Postby Chozon1 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:59 am

Well, don't get discouraged. ^_^ Just keep pushing onwards. Once you have the whole of a novel, you can go back and change it as you want. That sounds really interesting though.

Thanksgiving?

Return to “Ask The Members”