Beseech thy lord

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
I drank it. Curiosity satisfied. For all the fancy ingredients, it tasted like Bud to me.

I don't remember if I've asked this, but speaking of things that taste like bud....

Not sure if you have the...requisite experience, but have you ever noticed some varieties of hops taste like...cannabis? I grabbed a Sierra Nevada seasonal IPA with Aussie hops and...wow.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Not saying I do or don't have the requisite experience, but I haven't had a hop that struct to be cannibesque in my memory, but maybe I should pick up that seasonal to see.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Ever drank a gose/sour?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Nope, how is it?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Orodrist
CCGR addict
Pretty much the perfect hot weather beer. Citrusy tartness and really refreshing. Not really much hop presence in the couple I tried but the lactic acid really sets it apart. I had an Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose, which is a CA brewery so if you stumble upon some give it a try.

Budweisers Superbowl commercial?

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I was able to largely stay away from it this year, but favorite commercial is probably the Liam Neeson/Liam Neesons/Clash of Clans one.

Least favorite was the Budweiser, patronizingly patting their customer base on the back that, even though they keep selling them pee in a can, they are still better than people who actually enjoy beer. Or, as I read it, "a junior high dropout making fun of someone for getting a master's degree."

I get their just marketing to the people who would actually buy that swill, but it struct a bad note with a lot of people considering AB spent millions buying a brewery which makes "pumpkin peach ale."
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Seriously, man. That commercial was awful, and the worst part was how condescending it was to anyone with more than a little taste for beer.

Favorite guilty pleasure food?
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Guilty Pleasure food, eh?

Not so guilty, but some people find my love of Cheez-Its and Peanut Butter to be weird. I even have Costco packs of it in my office. I'm super serious about it.

Taco Bell might fall in that category, but it's more guilty than pleasure.

There's a certain affinity I have with frozen pizza and burritos, especially those Tina's one you can get for 25c. Spicy Beef and Bean. Almost like it's in it's own category, separate from actual Pizza and Burritos. I think these are pretty solid guilty pleasures as they come.
ChickenSoup wrote:Seriously, man. That commercial was awful, and the worst part was how condescending it was to anyone with more than a little taste for beer.
Yeah, seems like it welled up from some deep-seated resentment that bud-light drinkers got from craft brew drinkers acting like they were better than them.

If you feel like someone is acting better than you, it might actually be because they are better than you.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Orodrist
CCGR addict
Someone went off on Bud on FB, their response was: We respect craft brewing - those were great times in 1876. Then the people wanted more.

The arrogance astounds.

Beer drinking food of choice?

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Orodrist wrote:Someone went off on Bud on FB, their response was: We respect craft brewing - those were great times in 1876. Then the people wanted more.
I... Who... What the....

I don't

I don't know how to adequately express my indignation
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland

?

Also, which would you rather drink:

Gin & Tonic, or a Whiskey Sour?
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Orodrist wrote:Someone went off on Bud on FB, their response was: We respect craft brewing - those were great times in 1876. Then the people wanted more.

The arrogance astounds.
They've done it. They've gone full retard.
ChickenSoup wrote:.. Who... What the....

I don't

I don't know how to adequately express my indignation
Me, too. It's when someone lies so fractally that it sort of just folds in on itself in some Mobius Strip of Stupidity.

But even that doesn't sum it up for me.
Orodrist wrote:Beer drinking food of choice?
You know, sometimes beer is sufficient food for beer. I affectionately refer to it as Beer Dinner.

Usually something really meaty and heavy. Burgers are especially good. Spicy does well against IPA's, too.

I prefer my steaks with a nice dry red wine, like a Merlot or Syrah.
Pizza, I actually prefer with soda. I know people say pizza and beer go together, and they are my favorites independently, and I certainly enjoy both of them a ton together, but they don't give me anything extra as a pairing, I think, should. Like, a good Merlot is great alone and a nice rare sirloin cut is good alone, but together, oh man. They just build off each other. I have to pause for each bite and sip. Dang it, now I'm going to have to pick up some cuts now.

So yeah, A good Jalapeno burger with a dIPA.
I've noticed that Niman Ranch Beef makes some spectacular burgers. So, with that.

Deepfreeze32 wrote:Also, which would you rather drink:

Gin & Tonic, or a Whiskey Sour?
Never had a whiskey sour. Not something on my mind, usually, to order, but it might be worth trying.
I do, however, enjoy a good Gin & Tonic, so I guess that solidly.

One thing I've gotten into and my favorite out of the mixed drinks would be a Moscow Mule. Dat Ginger Beer.

As for Ayreon's The Fifth Extinction, I'm liking it! Going through it right now for the second time.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Ayreon has lots of great stuff. I recommend checking out the whole album, 01011001.

Here's another song from another great album:

Orodrist
CCGR addict
Can't recall, are you a cigar man or just pipes?

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Ayreon has lots of great stuff. I recommend checking out the whole album, 01011001.

Here's another song from another great album:]
I think I might, I enjoyed that last one, too. I do dig the whole narrative fantasy metal deal.
Orodrist wrote:Can't recall, are you a cigar man or just pipes?
Both. I've been leaning towards pipes more lately because I like the versatility and the affinity you get with your pipe and pipes don't require as much commitment when I go for a smoke, but cigars fill their own niche and I do enjoy them quite a bit.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.