Taking Off? Let Us Know (Absences Thread)

New Raffles, Birthday Announcements, Introductions, Farewells can be found here.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I'm back! I got back Saturday night. I think I've had the best week of my life so far. Got to know people in my youth group so much better than before. I helped homeless people both adults and very young children. Also I got to help teach a music class and I played piano. After that I'm really thinking about joining the youth band.
Spoiler:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Awesome! ^_^
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
cool! Welcome back!
Sstavix
CCGR addict
My presence around here has been sporadic as of late. My computer has been acting up, seemingly straining at inopportune times, and the heat wave doesn't seem to be helping. I'll still be visiting off and on while trying to wrestle with this (it may be part of a test...), but I'm not sure how reliable I'll be with editing reviews (and, in case anyone was wondering, I've been putting off writing reviews of my own while revising my novel... again).

Needless to say, if anyone does need to reach me, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'll be back, everyone!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sorry to hear about your computer problems, I wish you luck with that and your novel! Stay cool :)
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I think the problem may be that one of my laptop's fans is giving out. I've been running a few tests to see how my computer performs under stress, and whenever it starts running too many applications - or even single applications that require a lot of processing power (like some games, or DAZ Studio) one of my fans starts rattling and buzzing lie it's about to fall out.

What this means is that I'm going to have to be much more conservative. I know, that's really hard to imagine, but my politics aside (ba dum bump) I'll have to refrain from having so many programs open at the same time - say one or two, rather than the six or seven I usually have up and running, and I will have to restart more frequently. It'll be weird having to adjust with such limited ability (I can't have Safari, Firefox, Steam, Skype, OpenOffice and iTunes running at the same time? How am I supposed to work under these conditions!?!?), but until I get a new laptop, I'll have to limp along.

Hey, my MacBook Pro is pushing 8 years now. That's pretty good for a laptop, regardless of who manufactures it! But I've been saying that I need to get a new one for a couple of years now, and it's getting to the point where it's less of a want and more of a need. :( I believe I know where some of my Christmas bonus is headed this year....
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hmm bummer fans should be relatively easy to replace but now sure if an 8yr old laptop is worth the labor cost :\ Definitely keep your eyes open for black Friday sales...
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I'mma back from my trip!
(Well, I have actually been on a few times during it,
I just didn't really have anything to post about. :P )

@Sstavix:
aww, bummer about the laptop.
My own laptop actually stopped working not to long ago.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Hey guys! I'm going on another trip. This time I'm going to Camp Hale Scout Reserve for summer camp. I'm leaving tomorrow at about 9:15 and I'll get there Sunday afternoon. Some of you (if not all of you) know that my iPod was stolen so I won't be able to post while I'm gone. I think I'll be back sometime next Saturday.
Spoiler:

JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Ok,
have fun on your trip! :)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
bummer on your ipod, have a nice trip!
Emwok
CCGR addict
I'm back! I got back Saturday around 7:30. On the way home, one of the tires on the troop trailer blew out so we had to use the spare and buy a new one. We passed through Dallas on the way home. Actually, we passed right through the area I went to on the missions trip. :D We used the same road as well.
Spoiler:

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
welcome back!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Sweet stuff. ^_^
ejboy7
Noob
Noob
I am a bit sad today. My dad and I were planning on going camping for the weekend. My dad took time off from his work and everything, but on his way to work this morning, his truck was making a funny noise. He had it checked out and it was determined that he had a bad wheel bearing.
Much to his disappointment, too, he had to call off the trip.