Introductions - New Members Post Here!

New Raffles, Birthday Announcements, Introductions, Farewells can be found here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Dude...was that cube from Portal? O_o

I like your vision though. Like...srsly awesome.

Welcome X2
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
nice video Andy! Welcome!
andygeers
Noob
Noob
Chozon1 wrote:Dude...was that cube from Portal? O_o

I like your vision though. Like...srsly awesome.

Welcome X2

Thanks!

Yes, was wondering if anybody would spot my Weighted Companion Cube :)
Flyingmonk
Noob
Noob
Hey everyone,
I always wonder how well God and Video Games get along, the parents and pastors I've encountered seem to have little use for them, which sucks cause I love God but I can't wait to get home after Church and fire up my PS3.
But when I found ccgr a couple weeks ago, I thought, here is a place where God and games come together.
Here is a place to talk about God and grinding, the Divine and damage per second, Redemption and RPGs, Jesus and, uhh... j... uhh help me out here,
So, what do you think? Where does God fit in with your gaming?
Also, let's review games, cause having good morals doesn't mean we should play sucky games.
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
Welcome to the site! We do already review games, in fact, it's a major part of what several members do here. Check the main site, we have a ton of reviews already up.

I believe there is nothing inherently wrong with video games. The problems come in when you neglect God and make video games an idol which in turn inhibits the person's spiritual growth.
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
Tritherian
Noob
Noob
ohnolookout wrote:I believe there is nothing inherently wrong with video games. The problems come in when you neglect God and make video games an idol which in turn inhibits the person's spiritual growth.
Agreed. I view video games as any other hobby, a good way to relax but it can be a distraction from more important things. Moderation in all things, after all. For me the accessible nature of many video games makes them more dangerous than other forms of entertainment. There's also the whole issue of moral content (or lack there of) that we have to be careful of. This isn't just restricted to video games (there's plenty of dirt in books and movies) but the bad ones tend to get the most attention. We all have to keep evaluating and never let ourselves get so wrapped up in anything that we can't see when it's negatively effecting us or the ones around us.
Well, that turned into a bit more of a sermon than I intended.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Important though. And often over looked.

Welcome to the site.
Flyingmonk
Noob
Noob
Tritherian wrote:
ohnolookout wrote:I believe there is nothing inherently wrong with video games. The problems come in when you neglect God and make video games an idol which in turn inhibits the person's spiritual growth.
Agreed. I view video games as any other hobby, a good way to relax but it can be a distraction from more important things. Moderation in all things, after all. For me the accessible nature of many video games makes them more dangerous than other forms of entertainment. There's also the whole issue of moral content (or lack there of) that we have to be careful of. This isn't just restricted to video games (there's plenty of dirt in books and movies) but the bad ones tend to get the most attention. We all have to keep evaluating and never let ourselves get so wrapped up in anything that we can't see when it's negatively effecting us or the ones around us.
Well, that turned into a bit more of a sermon than I intended.
Agreed! But has God ever taught you something from a video game? Is there spiritual or biblical truths that suddenly made more sense while playing a game?

I know Mass Effect has taught me more about serving others than any sermons lately ;)
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Flyingmonk wrote: Agreed! But has God ever taught you something from a video game? Is there spiritual or biblical truths that suddenly made more sense while playing a game?
Not that I recall, but games (together with movies) have often given me some much-needed relaxation, distraction and enjoyment during difficult times, like when caring for a depressed and suicidal friend. They have been really helpful in restoring strength during those times.
Also, even in normal times, regular relaxation by way of a good game, movie or book in the evening helps me to be a better Christian during the day, as in being friendlier, more patient and more willing to help others.

Anyway, welcome to the site, Flyingmonk and Tritherian! 8)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Actually, yes. And usually in the most unlikely places I would have looked for them, I get a spiritual lesson. O_o

Not that it's dependent on video games. God works through so many places I would never look for Him. Kinda opens your eyes that God isn't just in heaven, your heart, or your bible.

Shweet.
Wildebear
Hi everybody
I'm not new, but I decided to do a proper introduction.(and I'd hate making my 27th post on a other thread, 27 is the new 1)
My name is William
I'm turning 17 this year.
I live in South Africa in the city of Klerksdorp.
My first language is Afrikaans and my second language is English(British system)
My favorite color is light blue
I listen to a bit of Rammstein, One republic, Aking, Michael W Smith, Hillsong, Hanz Zimmer's composed music, Playing for Change, 3 doors down and Bob Marley.
I'm overweight(losing battle/ losing war)
One of the luckiest people in my city: I'm on a WLAN which is run by a very generous person, so it's $14.95 a month for uncapped. Internet is very expensive in SA.
I'm of the reformed denomination(not that it matters)
Nationality is meaningless to me, I prefer thinking of other people as family.
I hate politics .
I am a history fan, history can't be studied here in Klerksdorp, so I had to put up with Physical Science(I'm in grade 11). :cry:

I give a lot of things away for free, one of my most treasured mottos is:
Happiness comes from what you give, not what you receive - found it on a software pirate site. :mrgreen:

So that's pretty much me randomly summarized
“Conquer yourself rather than the world.”
― René Descartes
Wildebear

This is how I found the site!
"Christ Centred Gamer" are you serious? religion has been taken wayyyyy to far
see, I just had to join :mrgreen:
Last edited by Wildebear on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― René Descartes
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
A fellow Hans Zimmer fan! Nice! 8) Welcome!
Wildebear
Harvester wrote:A fellow Hans Zimmer fan! Nice! 8) Welcome!
Awesome
8)
― René Descartes
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
so you think we've gone too far? ;)