Alright, break over.
I added the vents to the back of the lower leg sections. To do so, I cut the rectangular holes, then glues sheet styrene to patch them from the inside.
Then, I cut strips of foam shaped like prisms, and glued them to the styrene. They turned out really irregular and wonky and a first I didn't like it, but then I thought of how the metal slats on vents in real life often look after some wear and tear, and I think I like it. This is a relic 10,000 year old suit of artificer armor being represented, so stuff's gonna look busted up.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."