Scale Models:The Starfleet Project

Let your creative side be seen by others. Share your writings, visual arts, created music, and anything else here. Also the place for forum-based role playing.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Many thanks!

So the warp nacelles...

Assembled:

A layer of Vallejo USN Light Ghost Grey 70.615 Surface primer, applied with the airbrush.

Then a layer of the Vallejo Model Air UK Azure Blue 71.108 and green panels using Army Painter Goblin Green:

And then, as before, a couple of coats of Vallejo Wash Blue Grey 76.524

So the warp nacelles are tricky because of how much of them is illuminated. I started with the blue on the sides, by building it up. First, a layer of Vallejo Light Grey 70.990, covered with a layer of Vallejo White 70.951.

Then, a layer of Vallejo Game Color Electric Blue 72023. To make it look lit form the inside, I mixed 50/50 with the Electric Blue and white, then brushed it along the centerline of the blue. A quick coat of Vallejo Black 710.950 for the ribbed section of the Bussard Collectors, then some Games Workshop Black Ink 61-75 in the indents at the top of the nacelles, in the back and in the Bussard Collectors.

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Home stretch... First I masked the nacelles with the liquid frisket and blue masking tape.

Then, a coat of Vallejo Light Grey 70.990 on the Bussard Collector tips, followed by a coat of Vallejo White 70.951. With that dry, I went over it with two coats of Vallejo Transparent Orange 70.935.

Lastly, pushing my meager airbrush skills to their limit, I added a layer of Vallejo Transparent Red 70.934 shaped to look like the dual illuminated points.

*phew*

Let dry.

Request permission from Utopia Planetia Dock Control to leave spacedock and...

I'll post some more completion pics later after I set up the background and attach the hang line.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Bought ,y next project on eBay today... a 1/1000 model of the Enterprise-B.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Beautiful! ^_^ Looks fantastic, and very accurate. :D
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:15 am Beautiful! ^_^ Looks fantastic, and very accurate. :D
Many thanks!
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I just received my next project I'd bought on eBay... a 1/1000 Enterprise-B kit. It's the Generations edition. Unfortunately for me, I read the description too late to realize that it had already been partially assembled, complete with some after market decals.

I'm not horribly bummed about the construction having already been started, since my favorite part is the painting, but I can't use all the nice after market aztecing decals 'cause some of them had already been applied over the shiny white hull, and I like my trek models to have a darker overall color. Probably wouldn't have used them anyway since the color wouldn't look right... but still feels like a waste.

On the up side, The sheet with the Starfleet and registry markings wasn't used, so I can make good use of those, at least.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Gaps.

This model was partly built when I got it and I'm very sad about some of the seams and joints.

The primary hull wasn't too bad, I only had to apply some Games Workshop Liquid Greenstuff to the joins for the outboard impulse engine exhausts and a little to the hull below the inboard impulse engines.

The Secondary hull... woof.

I don't blame the first builder, as I get the impression the model really isn't that great anyway. In any case, lots of work. The seams around the shuttlebay are terrible and the hole for the display stand cries out for reshaping and filling...

A little liquid greenstuff:

The seams around the navigational deflector are rough too.

And lots more liquid greenstuff:

After it's cured I'll do some sanding where I can, and will probably need to add more greenstuff around the shuttlebay and the hole for the stand.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
uss defiant
Noob
Noob
wow way cool, i love these models types,
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
uss defiant wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:33 pm wow way cool, i love these models types,
Thankya.

So I've been doing detailed build pics and updates on a Star Trek Models site but I'll share a few progress pics here, since I started it here:

Painting Object Source Lighting for the navigational deflector:

—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Painting the illuminated Bussard Collector caps:

And primary hull accents and lettering

Gonna do a few beauty shots later.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
lookin good!
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Thanks!
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens