My Stand Up Comedy

Let your creative side be seen by others. Share your writings, visual arts, created music, and anything else here. Also the place for forum-based role playing.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
LAVA89
I have been performing amateur comedy since 2008. Any feedback on this video would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy!

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
funny but sometimes you talk a little fast as I had to roll back the video to listen again and get the joke. Still can't make out the store one with guns and alcohol.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Drugs and alcohol. For, you know, parties.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
LAVA89
ccgr, thanks for watching...sorry about me talking too fast! I might add subtitles like I did for my other videos.

Thanks Arch...like you said, its drugs and alcohol. I might rewrite that slightly to set it up as a college party supply store. A little more absurd, but hopefully drives the idea home better.
TenorNegative
Noob
Noob
LOL, clever jokes man. Just keep practicing the delivery and timing and flow.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
I remember this. Good stuff. 8)
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
LAVA89
TenorNegative wrote:LOL, clever jokes man. Just keep practicing the delivery and timing and flow.
Haha, thanks man! Sorry I didn't see your post until now. Thanks for watching!
DeadManReedeemed wrote:I remember this. Good stuff. 8)
Thanks DMR! I appreciate that!
mamabones
Noob
Noob
I like your character, the goofy quick wit. You should totally keep that.. however you need to pronunciation a bit better, because I had to rewind to pick up some of your words... I thought your jokes were great! You used the word Ticked too many times, so come up with other words that mean the same thing, to give your set some flavor. I think you were really great, I hope your ok with constructive criticism. Its really brave putting this out there, because you really opening yourself up! I love comedy that isn't dirty! God Bless You!
LAVA89
mamabones wrote:I like your character, the goofy quick wit. You should totally keep that..
Good to know! As many have said that most of the battle in stand up comedy is about building a funny character.
mamabones wrote:however you need to pronunciation a bit better, because I had to rewind to pick up some of your words... I thought your jokes were great!
Ok, were there any specific parts in the set that you had trouble with? I know I do slur my words from time to time and knowing which ones would be a big help. Thanks for bringing this up!
mamabones wrote:I hope your ok with constructive criticism. Its really brave putting this out there, because you really opening yourself up!
I definitely accept constructive criticism, as it can only help me get better!
mamabones wrote:I love comedy that isn't dirty! God Bless You!

Same here! God Bless you as well!