They announced the cast for Star Wars VII, if anyone cares.

Talk about your favorite books, movies, music, TV shows, and other non-gaming forms of entertainment here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
starwars.com wrote: April 29th, Pinewood Studios, UK - Writer/Director/Producer J.J Abrams (top center right) at the cast read-through of Star Wars Episode VII at Pinewood Studios with (clockwise from right) Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and Writer Lawrence Kasdan. Copyright and Photo Credit: David James.
The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Nice! I'm really trying to not to boil over in excitement of this, but I'm stoked that Andy Serkis is on board.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Max von Sydow? Count me in.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Ew. J.J. Abrams. I'm also concerned that the elder versions of the OG cast will influence my enjoyment of the originals.

That said...I'd be lying if I said I was less than hyped. >_>
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I don't really known of recent J.J. Abram's movies that have disappointed me. What comes to mind is Star Trek and Super 8 knocking my socks off.

Literally. I was sitting in the theaters, and suddenly I was sockless. However, my pants remained intact, if soiled.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
See that guy sitting to J.J. Abram's right? Thats Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter on Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi (and Raiders of the Lost Ark).
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Huh. Maybe this new Star Wars will have grit after all.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Which one is JJ?
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
He's the one in the back center-ish talking to Harrison Ford.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Orodrist wrote:Max von Sydow? Count me in.
This.

$10 says he plays a Sith Lord.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:
Orodrist wrote:Max von Sydow? Count me in.
This.

$10 says he plays a Sith Lord.
I'm betting he plays Obi-Wan's Jedi Apparition. (Since Sir Alec Guiness is dead.)
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
DaBossOfTheWorld
Noob
Noob
I can't wait till it comes out!