What happened to posts?

Documentation on features around the site.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

What happened to posts?

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 pm

I just noticed a few minutes ago that my post count seemed lower than usual. I think I went down nearly 1000 posts from before. I checked another player's profile, and his profile also went down about 1000 posts it seems like (we both had or were around the 3000 zone number of posts). Then I noticed that ccgr has like 10000 posts gone from her post count. Chozon's might've also gone down slightly as well. I'm just confused on why some people's post counts have just recently dropped. So...what's going on?
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What happened to posts?

Postby ccgr » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:28 am

Over the weekend the forum was spam attacked hard. I'm talking over 1,000 messages waiting to be moderated approved/denied. I deleted the messages in bulk through the database which is fast but that created a new problem. The forums still show the notification icons for approval which I though pruning the post/forums would solve. It didn't. So the post counts are now more accurate and don't reflect long deleted posts. Sorry about the confusion and loss of ranks. Moving forward I know know a different way of handling massive spam attacks should the need arrise.

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Re: What happened to posts?

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:14 am

Ah ok, thanks for explaining! I'll miss all the uncounted posts but I'm glad it's a bit more accurate in the amount of posts that are currently accessible (for now anyway :wink: )
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!

Return to “Help”