Halo Series

Look down them sights, soldier. Fire at will!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
No posts in this thread since the last time I posted here. :cry:

Anyone, I'm really close to completing my Spartan. I just need the sniper shoulder pieces and the gold visor. Unfortunately school is taking up so much time it's going slow.
glamdring
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I still play H1/H2 online if any one wants to play. I don't have Halo 3 and won't buy it unless it drops to like $10, and I'm a insane Halo fan. I'm hopping for good things from 343 Industries now that Bungie is out. I know several people came over from Bungie, but many additional well known/skilled new people are coming in.

Now if you have nothing better to do you can read why I didn't like Halo 3, there are many more reasons that I didn't bother to type out.
[rant] Well I don't want to be a downer, but I definitely was very disappointed in Halo 3. To me Halo 3 was the worst out of the series yet. I don't know why they had to ruin Halo by adding all this stuff like stupid evil talking flood guy that keeps sucking in your screen. To me it seems like the game just had Halo workings, but the story line was way out there especially for Halo. Why did they make the flood so weak, or the whole game for that matter? Easiest Halo I have played yet, I'm VERY disappointed Bungie ~One of the worlds biggest Halo fans. [/rant]
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Uh.

...k.

You realize that there were "evil talking flood guys" in every Halo, right? The first game had Keyes. The second game had the Gravemind. The third game also had the Gravemind.

Not the greatest idea in the world, sure, but it's not exclusive to Halo 3. ;)
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Gravemind is one of the cooler characters, imo
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
glamdring
Noob
Noob
Yeah but they weren't to as bad as Halo 3. Halo 3 had warped you screen and talked all clear, just seemed annoying and stupid. In the first two Halos they weren't so annoying/stupid, number two did have a few odd things but not as crazy out there as Halo 3.

I'm not talking about any moral issues etc, I just mean the game was out there compared to the other Halos. If Halo 3 was kept at the same level as the first two I would have been fine with it but I seriously wanted to know what was going through their minds while writing this. I still fined it very disappointing how easy Halo 3 was, the flood are easier to fight than the covenant and I can whack them to death. In the first two they were much harder and definitely harder to kill by whacking.

And what was up with the last part of the last mission? It was like a repeat of the first Halo, but instead your racing on a bunch of floating panels? Has any one else ever found or seen any of these floating panels before? Whats the point in them? Why are they there? I found the overall game play to be decent, but the writing was par at best. Too many games today suffer from poor story lines. Halo was my pride, but I don't include Halo 3 in my collection.
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Has anyone seen the floating panels? Lol like 10milllion+ people.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
tbqh I am not exactly certain of what you are talking about because you seem to string together a lot of thoughts at once but cool story bro
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Drewsov
CCGR addict
glamdring wrote:Yeah but they weren't to as bad as Halo 3. Halo 3 had warped you screen and talked all clear, just seemed annoying and stupid. In the first two Halos they weren't so annoying/stupid, number two did have a few odd things but not as crazy out there as Halo 3.
Actually, the Gravemind was in Halo 2 far more than it was in Halo 3. The warping of the screen was an effect that, for the majority of the game, had to do with the "echo" of Cortana, not with the Flood.
I'm not talking about any moral issues etc, I just mean the game was out there compared to the other Halos. If Halo 3 was kept at the same level as the first two I would have been fine with it but I seriously wanted to know what was going through their minds while writing this. I still fined it very disappointing how easy Halo 3 was, the flood are easier to fight than the covenant and I can whack them to death. In the first two they were much harder and definitely harder to kill by whacking.
It's a sci-fi game.

And it's a shooter.

Whacking is acceptable.
And what was up with the last part of the last mission? It was like a repeat of the first Halo, but instead your racing on a bunch of floating panels? Has any one else ever found or seen any of these floating panels before? Whats the point in them? Why are they there? I found the overall game play to be decent, but the writing was par at best. Too many games today suffer from poor story lines. Halo was my pride, but I don't include Halo 3 in my collection.
There are only two Halo games with variations in the final mission: Halo 3 ODST and Halo Reach. The other ones had pretty much the same ending. Just saying.

And... Halo was your "pride"? What does that even mean?

I thought you hadn't played Halo 3. I thought you hadn't purchased it because it was too expensive (or something).

You're making no sense, dude. Keep this up, I might just have to say... "troll." And in that, calling you a troll was my pride. Whatever that means.

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
glamdring
Noob
Noob
I said I beat Halo 3 on legendary just didn't buy the game. What I mean is I was an over the top Halo fan, everyone knew me as the best Halo player and always asked me question when they needed help. I'm not talking about the core idea behind the ending, but rather what the game play was like. I found Halo 3 to be way too identical to the first Halo, but with a bunch of stupid floating panels (I really hate those panels :P). Towered the end of the game it was the flood that kept warping the screen and talking all the time. You shouldn't be able to just whack all the flood to death on legendary mode, the difficulty was that of a 12yr olds game.

The game just didn't carry over the quality of I would expect from the Halo name. I know their are people who played the first ones that still liked number three, but I just can't get over the poor storyline. On the other side of things I do enjoy the multiplayer and the forge option is a HUGE addition!

Not trying to criticize some one for liking the game etc. It's Bungie who I'm disappointed in and now gladly welcome 343 Industries.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
what
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Drewsov
CCGR addict
glamdring wrote:I said I beat Halo 3 on legendary just didn't buy the game. What I mean is I was an over the top Halo fan, everyone knew me as the best Halo player and always asked me question when they needed help. I'm not talking about the core idea behind the ending, but rather what the game play was like. I found Halo 3 to be way too identical to the first Halo, but with a bunch of stupid floating panels (I really hate those panels :P). Towered the end of the game it was the flood that kept warping the screen and talking all the time. You shouldn't be able to just whack all the flood to death on legendary mode, the difficulty was that of a 12yr olds game.

The game just didn't carry over the quality of I would expect from the Halo name. I know their are people who played the first ones that still liked number three, but I just can't get over the poor storyline. On the other side of things I do enjoy the multiplayer and the forge option is a HUGE addition!

Not trying to criticize some one for liking the game etc. It's Bungie who I'm disappointed in and now gladly welcome 343 Industries.
I seriously just don't even

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
it made me accidentally my whole coke bottle
Drewsov
CCGR addict
NOT THE WHOLE BOTTLE

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
YES
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Halo CE Anniversary, who's pumped? I can't wait, best FPS campaign ever in glorious HD. Gonna be epic.