Halo Series

Look down them sights, soldier. Fire at will!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I'ma hazard a guess and say that most of us have played some Halo game at some point. Now that I'm getting back into the series, I thought I'd do my part to fuel the hype fires.

Discuss your favorite multiplayer moments here. Got hype for Reach? Let it fly.

Personally, I feel like reacquiring the first two Halo games. Also, I wanna get my hands on Wars and ODST. Speaking of these two, who wants to further sell me on the games?

At Wolfgang's mention of gamertags, I thought it'd be a good idea to repost them all here for people that play Halo (since not everyone in the Live thread does). Here's the list, hit me with a message if you want your name added -

Kendrik - Kendrik the Red (be sure not to put a "c" in Kendrik)
Nix - Belletair
Spartan_117 - Heroman11 &&& Snow Cowned (preferred)
SpartanOmega - Eaglebomber
Strider - Skittlez17
Wolfgang - Wolfgang Hype
Last edited by Kendrik on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Additional maps with ODST. Then again, you could always do what I'm planning on doing and borrow the disc from someone else. :wink:
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Oh. I forgot to recommend that all y'all Halo players get connected to Bungie.net. Linking your Live account to a Bungie.net account allows you to go over your service record in crazy detail. You can even check out a map of past fights that detail quite thoroughly the fight's kills. It's too legit. Other games need this kind of awesomeness.

Expanded multiplayer piques my interest in ODST, but I think the campaign (oddly enough if you know my gaming ways) appeals to me more.
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Kenny, please get ODST. I need someone to play Firefight with. :P

We should have a CCG firefight group, and see how far we get.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
The first three Halo games... well, I ain't gonna call them the best games evah... but I will say that some of my best gaming memories come from those three games.

Also, I really want Reach. Did I mention that? So badly. o.O

ODST... less so because of the price. And because I already have every map you can buy separately, which leaves me with I think three new maps to look forward to. Not... gonna happen at $60 (though it may have come down, I haven't checked in a while).

A CCG firefight group would be freaking awesome, btw. ^_^

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Thanks for the Bungie.net thing Kenny. It's pretty freaking sweet. I just realized I have a positive K/D ratio. Yay!

Kendrik
CCGR addict
Nix wrote:ODST... less so because of the price. And because I already have every map you can buy separately, which leaves me with I think three new maps to look forward to. Not... gonna happen at $60 (though it may have come down, I haven't checked in a while).
Used on Half.com for $30. It's on my list of games to get soon. Along with Halo Wars at $20 (sometimes even less).
Pheonix wrote:Kenny, please get ODST. I need someone to play Firefight with. :P

We should have a CCG firefight group, and see how far we get.
Nix wrote:A CCG firefight group would be freaking awesome, btw. ^_^
Agreed. I'd get in on that. I might even get 1337 in that. I'm decent in Halo. If I worked at it, I'd probably get really good.

Also, Firefight is a reason to get ODST for you and your sibs, Nix. At least, I think it has offline multiplayer in Firefight mode. ...I think.

Regarding Bungie.net, I just saw that there are user-created groups. Once my account has been active long enough, I'll create a group for CCG. That'll be sweet.

Also, I'm trying to figure out whether to get Halo and Halo 2 from Half.com or Goozex. Even if I pay for points (which I'd do since I have no games to ship out), it's still the same-ish price after shipping.
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Halo is my favorite series out there. I play way too much though, almost 3,500 games online. <_< I'm always down to play some Halo 3 online.
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Kendrik wrote:
Nix wrote:ODST... less so because of the price. And because I already have every map you can buy separately, which leaves me with I think three new maps to look forward to. Not... gonna happen at $60 (though it may have come down, I haven't checked in a while).
Used on Half.com for $30. It's on my list of games to get soon. Along with Halo Wars at $20 (sometimes even less).
Wow... I think Gamestop still has it at $50 used.

Also, I could go digging in the Live topic, but it's easier to ask here- what are all your gamertags? Mine's "Wolfgang Hype" (big surprise :P ).
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Wolfgang wrote:Also, I could go digging in the Live topic, but it's easier to ask here- what are all your gamertags? Mine's "Wolfgang Hype" (big surprise :P ).
You've got mine, but I thought I'd use this post as a chance to say "good call."

I'll put a list of tags in the first post for all of us that play Halo. If everyone links to Bungie.net, then that CCG group (which will be created in about two weeks thanks to Bungie's requirements) will help keep our tags grouped.
Strider
CCGR addict
I play Halo 3 (well, before my disc cracked, anyways. Gotta get a new copy), and I'd like to eventually get ODST... a CCG Firefight would be awesome. :D

And that's my gamertag. *points down*

Also, Reach looks like it could be the best Halo game yet. :shock:
Government is another way of saying "better than you."
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Strider wrote:I play Halo 3 (well, before my disc cracked, anyways. Gotta get a new copy), and I'd like to eventually get ODST... a CCG Firefight would be awesome. :D
If you're just re-getting Halo 3 for online... don't. Get ODST instead since the multiplayer is Halo 3 with a few extra maps.

Plus Firefight.

And a new campaign.

I'm still updating the list on the first post, by the way.
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Even though I don't get online all that often due to mah interwebz, feel free to add Belletair.
Kendrik wrote:If you're just re-getting Halo 3 for online... don't. Get ODST instead since the multiplayer is Halo 3 with a few extra maps.

Plus Firefight.

And a new campaign.
That... is an insanely good point. I sold my copy of Halo 3 a while back... but I honestly do miss the MP. I think I'll get ODST, as I don't really care for the Halo 3 campaign.

/case closed

Pheonix
Forum Moderator
I personally liked the new campaign. It seemed like everyone either hated the different style or loved it.

Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pheonix wrote:I personally liked the new campaign. It seemed like everyone either hated the different style or loved it.
You mean the ODST campaign? I do want to play that. Very much so. :shock: