Dust 514

Look down them sights, soldier. Fire at will!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Appaprently, this is a free-to-play MMOFPS on PlayStation 3. Just started it. I was wondering if anybody wanted to join me.

Here is the link to the official website:
https://dust514.com

It's still a beta it seems, but it looks awesome...........INSANELY AWESOME.

And if anybody wants to join, my username is SafeGrd4Js-Naph. There are three slots you can choose from to save data and there are four armies in total to join. AND YOU CAN CREATE A CHARACTER!
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Okay quick update. The game is pretty good. Has some glitches, but it is really fun. IT can even connect to EVE Online. Sooooooo......any questions on the game?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I've meaning to post on this sooner, but it escaped me. I played some EVE before, and I liked it, but couldn't like it enough to stay active. I still want to like it a lot, but it's hard to keep up with unless you get into the PvP.

For Dust, do you find the playthrough pretty natural if you generally solo, or do you really need to find a group to join?
Also, how do the interactions with EVE players feel?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Overall, it's an awesome experience. The game is awesome in general, actually. You don't necessarily have to join a group to get recognition as you can do that yourself. I have over a million bucks and I'm not in any group. I stink at shooters, so I'm not gonna say the game is extremely aggravating because that would be a false statement. The online multiplayer alone makes it stand out. You can call up vehicles from anywhere and you can call in reinforcements to reign chaos from above. You can hack vehicles and weapons, as well as enemy supplies. In a word- AWESOME. It is pretty natural to get into: you level up your skills, get access to more weapons and the best part of it all is that the game doesn't force you to use real money. I don't know who the EVE players are, so I can't answer that question for you.

Overall, it's a good game. ScotchRobbins and Krytae have already decided to give it a try. And I'm really looking for people to hang with on this game.

But to answer your question:

Don't be afraid. Give it a shot. If you wanna join, my PSN username is posted.

― Criss Jami
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Oh! One more thing I should mention. This game is still a beta, so there will be the occasional glitch every now and then. And make sure that when you name your character you share it with your friends because that is the only way to keep in contact (apparently).

― Criss Jami
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
EVE is really fun IF you have cool people to play with. I joined a corp filled with hilarious but unobnoxious and, importantly, skilled people. It was so much fun XD ...mining with a guy who once had a broken neck and used the scars in his forehead from the neck brace screws as a way to scare kids... said they were where he files his horns down..

Anyway, yeah, so I took an interest in Dust. Would you say it is a team-based game?
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Yes and no. Yes, because you can make your own corporation and recruit people (NOT TO MENTION IT CAN CONNECT TO EVE ONLINE). But no because you can choose to be a mercenary for hire.

But mostly team-based because you get paired up with other players.

― Criss Jami
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. Well, the game is pretty fun. I even uploaded a video of the gameplay on my YouTube channel.

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_URNpXYuzY

Krytae was playing before, but I'm not sure if he still has it. ScotchRobbins had it once, too....I think. Three of us played on the same team once, I believe.

― Criss Jami