Metroid for Wii

Look down them sights, soldier. Fire at will!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
I did; that's why I'm asking.
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
DeadManReedeemed wrote:
Nate DaZombie wrote:
DeadManReedeemed wrote:I think it has. When you roll into a ball, you move through pipes. It's like Sonic Generations where it switches between 2D and 3D.
...what is this in reply to?
READ THE QUOTE.
First off, really, try to reply in a more respectful tone. Responses such as this are becoming more common from you. Take a deep breath, and reply in a polite manner. Your post was a little confusing, and hopefully I can clarify a bit.

Although technically the games in the Prime series would change to 2D perspective for certain morphball puzzles, it was never similar to the original 2D Metroids. Morphball puzzles are not limited to 2D platforming however and really help expand the game.

And Chozon is right, they've never captured the feel of the original 2D adventure games. Simply because the Primes games and Other M dabbled into a return to 2D, does not mean they succeeded capturing the essence of the original games. It's like saying that Black Ops successfully captures the essence of Halo: CE. You'd be completely wrong in every way.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Sorry for the rude posts, everyone. Sorry, Nate.

Anyway, I think it has captured the feel of the classic games. The music, the gameplay, etc. I think Nintendo did really well.

Also.......I just bought Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Metroid: Other M.

I'M LOVING IT. Who would've thought that the creators of Ninja Gaiden helped develop a Metroid game?

Metroid game recognition status:

Undeservingly low.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Sorry for the rude posts, everyone. Sorry, Nate.
It's fine, it's just that you quoted Chozen and added some comparisons that didn't make sense. Listen, I love the Metroid series, but the main series and Prime are practically two entities. Both are fantastic and have some of the same elements, but it's not as cut and dry as Sonic's evolution (or devolution, depending on how you view the series).
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Not sure how to answer that. :?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
DeadManReedeemed wrote:I think it has. When you roll into a ball, you move through pipes. It's like Sonic Generations where it switches between 2D and 3D.
Amigo, you ever play the OG Super Metroid? The 2D viewpoint has very little to do with it. It's the feel, the atmosphere. The giant world that leaves you lost. The frightening aloneness of it all. There's some special magic that Super Metroid has and the rest have not. Prime is a wonderful game; it just didn't capture the entire flavor of Super Metroid, let alone Metroid.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Well, new systems means people want new games.

― Criss Jami
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Other way around, I think. But that's not applicable in the present situation either way, dude. :D
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Yeah, that's not really related to what Chozon said at all.

You said that they were comparable, Chozon said they weren't, so you respond by saying that people want different things. So, they were never really comparable?

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Well, people are gonna want to see a certain game in action at some point. Right? It's true. You understand what I mean, right? Expectations?

― Criss Jami
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
The first Metroid Prime is a candidate for the best game ever.

I'm in the middle of playing Metroid Prime 2. I really don't like the dark world mechanic because the constantly draining health discourages exploration, which is very wrong for a Metroid game. I do think the puzzles and bosses are improved over the first game, though. I just beat Boost Guardian . . . vicious fight, that one.
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Truthseeker wrote:
I'm in the middle of playing Metroid Prime 2. I really don't like the dark world mechanic because the constantly draining health discourages exploration, which is very wrong for a Metroid game. I do think the puzzles and bosses are improved over the first game, though. I just beat Boost Guardian . . . vicious fight, that one.
Just wait, that gameplay mechanic will go away. I promise. ;)

And yeah, the boost guardian is one of the hardest boss battles in the game.

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Played Metroid: Other M not too long ago. Story is deep........DEEP........

Betrayal.......action........the quest for answers........wow....... :shock:

Also, still trying to get past the planet Bryya. Is there supposed to be a power I'm supposed to get? Because I can't find it.

And I just got Sin and Punishment: Star Successor today for a good price. :)

― Criss Jami
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Pheonix wrote:
Truthseeker wrote:

One of my favorite bosses in that game, too. Up until then, most of the boss battles consisted of dashing from recharge point to recharge point and taking potshots at the weak spots. At the Boost Ball Guardian? No safety zones for healing and no way out. It added an intensity to that fight that not only upped the difficulty, but made the fight an absolute blast to play! :)

Least favorite boss from that game (so far - I haven't finished it yet, either) - Spider Ball. More frustration than fun. And I've heard that it was actually easier in the Wii version than the Gamecube original. Ugh.
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Sstavix wrote:
Pheonix wrote:
Truthseeker wrote:

One of my favorite bosses in that game, too. Up until then, most of the boss battles consisted of dashing from recharge point to recharge point and taking potshots at the weak spots. At the Boost Ball Guardian? No safety zones for healing and no way out. It added an intensity to that fight that not only upped the difficulty, but made the fight an absolute blast to play! :)

Least favorite boss from that game (so far - I haven't finished it yet, either) - Spider Ball. More frustration than fun. And I've heard that it was actually easier in the Wii version than the Gamecube original. Ugh.
The Grapple Guardian is pretty great too but really annoying to get to. One of the most confusing backtracking parts in the entire game.