Halo 4

Look down them sights, soldier. Fire at will!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
airpa wrote:As I predicted....Halo 4 bombed...Horribly so....
Wow, really? I can't help but think this stems out of you fascination with modern shooters and so-called realism. Plus, if you have preconceived notions, you're less likely to view the game objectively.

The campaign so far is coming close to ODST for me. It's emotional, deep, but still subtle. The prometheans add a much needed new dynamic to the gameplay, which, while I'm on the subject, feels much more intense and rewarding. The multiplayer captures the essence of previous games while still feeling fresh and new. Really, the thing I don't really like are the ordinance drops.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
Ok so I decided to give Multiplayer another try and it is slowly warming up to me. I don't like a lot of things about it but it is ok so far. My mistake was making a judgment on a game while only playing it for 20 minutes. I'm gonna try to give the campaign a try again, but no promises my opinion will change.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
What exactly do you find so terrible?
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Not saying it's not. But God of War is a game that a lot of Christians would consider the LAST game they would play. Is there a review on that?
Yes.

And airpa, are you Tom Chick?
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
Chicken Soup:
A. I hate how they brought Master Chief back, the ending to Halo 3 was good enough.
B. They messed with all the covenant. Look at them, they look EXTREMELY different than they used to.
C. Master Chiefs armor. Really, new armor? And supposedly it's looked that way since the beginning? Riiiight.....
D. Multiplayer has too much Call of Duty. I hate having to do loadouts! I just want the regular start out options like in Reach!
E. They're milking the series. Seriously? 3 games? And you're calling them the Reclaimer Series? How much more can they screw up the universe?
F. Oh yeah and the multiplayer armor? Looks like crap also.
G. Finally, Spartan Points? Really? I totally want to spend/earn 1 point at a time rather than earn credits and work for my armor like in Reach.

Rant=Over.

And no I am no Tom Chick. lol
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
airpa wrote:Chicken Soup:
A. I hate how they brought Master Chief back, the ending to Halo 3 was good enough.
B. They messed with all the covenant. Look at them, they look EXTREMELY different than they used to.
C. Master Chiefs armor. Really, new armor? And supposedly it's looked that way since the beginning? Riiiight.....
D. Multiplayer has too much Call of Duty. I hate having to do loadouts! I just want the regular start out options like in Reach!
E. They're milking the series. Seriously? 3 games? And you're calling them the Reclaimer Series? How much more can they screw up the universe?
F. Oh yeah and the multiplayer armor? Looks like crap also.
G. Finally, Spartan Points? Really? I totally want to spend/earn 1 point at a time rather than earn credits and work for my armor like in Reach.

Rant=Over.

And no I am no Tom Chick. lol
Alright, here we go. You want to do bullet points; we can do bullet points.

A. If you hate then, then you'll hate it. I just know there were a lot of people who wanted to know what happened to Master Chief. Plus, you call a ciff-hanger the size of Halo 3's legendary ending good enough?

B. This isn't really knocking on the quality of the game, just the artistic choice of 343. This is simply an aesthetic complaint because you were obviously attached to the way the Covenant looked before. Regardless, the change makes sense because in the lore of the game, four years has passed. The look of things change in four years.

C. This isn't really a complaint specific to Halo 4. Every Halo has evolved and changed the way Mater Chief's armor has looked. Graphically, Master Chief looks superb in Halo 4. I don't really think it looks artistically bad in anyway. I wasn't a huge fan of it to begin with, but it's doesn't detract from the quality of the game at all. Plus, his character is actually present in Halo 4. For the first time in the series, you actually can empathize with him. His look could have totally changed, but I still would be happy with his character's development in Halo 4.

D. First off, Call of Duty did not invent load outs. Halo is not becoming Call of Duty. It's becoming a modern shooter. It's implementing successful tactics other shooters, yes, like Call of Duty, have incorporated. This is obviously not limited to Call of Duty. They have to market to the audience, and the same multiplayer again and again would get stale. The game has to evolve to compete. Do you really just want a Reach again, or do you just want loadouts to be gone? I'm not a huge fan of loadouts too, but there are still custom games, and 343 was really good with Reach playlist content. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a classic playlist by the next update.

E. I struggle with milking, because I don't like it. But I also don't like it when it's said about every game that has more than 2 iterations. Halo has not been milked. The time span between games leaves plenty of breathing room. Development of Halo 4 took four years. Four. I wasn't a fan of the new overall storyline, but hey, I'm still open to be surprised. Still, Halo 4 is not just a rehash of 3 or Reach, which I'm still not sure if you want or not. It sounds like you do want a rehash, which would be milking.

F. Okay, it looks different. Very different. Once again, graphically, It looks amazing (For Xbox, PC ftw). And from what I've seen just playing to today, there's some really cool looking combinations you can do too. I thought that Reach and 3 did have better looking armor on average, but there's some stuff in Halo 4 that looks really, really cool.

G. Haha. HAHAHA. You didn't earn armor in Reach. You spent an obscene amount of time playing Reach, and you got armor. Either that, or you boosted. That's not earning, that's having time. I can't say I like Spartan points either, but what I do like is that commendations give you armor. You want to earn armor? Get the Master Headshot commendation. Get the Master Assist commendation. That'll earn you some video game respect. In Halo 3, when you saw Recon, you respected that player. Everyone one I played against in Reach who had inclement weather was pretty terrible. Also, again the idea of unlockables does not make Halo like Call of Duty. The first shooter I remembered playing that had unlockables for xp, etc was Battlefield 2. That was well before Modern Warfare.

Still, I am a Halo fan, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I tried to be objective, but I'm pretty bad at that sometimes.

tl;dr Don't be hatin' just to hate.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I'm having a hard time figuring out how much I like this. The gunplay is great. Better than Reach by far, but so many aspects feel like a step back. The UI, clarity of combat, secondary gameplay things like instant respawns, too much clutter on the HUD in MP, lag problems, and small glitches. Bungie was great at fixing those problems after the hackfest that was Halo 2 online. 343 hasn't learned how to handle the small things yet. I haven't finished the campaign either but I feel like the enemies aren't as fun to fight and aren't as intelligent. Not just the new Promethean enemies but the Covenant aren't as engaging as Reach and the games prior. I know a lot of that sounds really negative, and I am having a lot of fun with the game, but there are a lot of small issues I have that could easily be fixed if 343 listens to the fans. Now I know not all of them can be patched in 4, but at least they can fix those problems when 5 releases.
Blue Collar Servant
Noob
Noob
actually the gameplay is pretty cool, though the nades they messed up.
The world needs jesus!
Brion777
Noob
Noob
I got it. HAd to fix my RROD to play it though... I rally enjoy it so far.. Hesitating to but new content.. kind of expensive after buying live again... ;/
It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else's foundation. (Romans 15:20)
jonjonjovi223
Noob
Noob
Truly? Halo 4 is easily one of the greatest games I've ever played. The graphics are the best on the Xbox 360, the audio fidelity is unmatchable, and the story moved me to the core. Get it, even if you gotta wait, it's worth it.
1st Peter 3:15; but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
So I haven't posted here much in forever, but I had to share my thoughts on Halo 4. Initially I really enjoyed it, but as time has passed it's easily my least favorite Halo. You can tell it wasn't made by Bungie. All the small little details were overlooked in 4, and Bungie always nailed that stuff. The armor mods, random ordnance, personal ordnance, and instant respawns combine to create a random chaotic mess that doesn't play like Halo anymore. I also don't like the art style and the story. The romance stuff with Chief and Cortana is so awkward. I was really frustrated with Reach after 3, but 4 has given me a new appreciation for Reach. It's sad Bungie will never make another Halo game and I'll never get a real sequel to my favorite series. I'm just going to have to look forward to something new from them with Destiny.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
You didn't care for Reach? :O
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ChickenSoup wrote:You didn't care for Reach? :O
There were just things in it I really didn't like. Reticule bloom, the slow movement, armor lock, jetpack, and the lack of quality maps. I still played it a ton and had fun though.
TinyTim_Xynova
Noob
Noob
Hey I'll add you my gt is : Tiny05Tim05 :)
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
How does Halo 4 end? I've only played one level on it and I totally sorta kinda really stunk. =P
It looked awesome though. The graphics were really good I was almost fooled into thinking it was a movie.
This is my signature