DECISION TIME. (vote on which game and post WHYYYY)

Look down them sights, soldier. Fire at will!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Which game should I get?

COD: Black Ops
27%
COD: MW2
13%
Other (explain)
60%

Total votes: 15
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
which 1 lololol
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
note that I don't care about red dead redemption. I read about the incessant spawn killing. :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Reach.

Why do I say that?

The CoD games are well made, and I loved Black Ops quite a bit (no, really, I did) because of the campaign... but here's the problem: the campaign is short (like, six hours short) and multiplayer is uneven (just like MW2's multiplayer was).

Reach is probably the most important shooter that came out this year. The game is big, the campaign is replayable (I'm on my third time through it now, and I never do that with shooters) and the multiplayer is addictive and balanced. Do it.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Borderlands.

It's bloody. It's profane. (Though not as much of either as I remember Black Ops being.)

It's also the most addictive game I've played in forever. It has loads of loot. Open world design. Tons of quests to take on. Character leveling, complete with tech trees and improved performance. More loot (no, seriously, there are probably over a million different guns in the game... sure there's a lot of similarity between them, but the hunt for the perfect gear never ends). Same-console co-op. Online co-op. It wouldn't be fair to call it "Oblivion with guns," but that's probably the closest comparison I can make.

Halo: Reach is also good for all the reasons Drew said.

Best thing about Black Ops is zombie mode. Buuuuuut... Left4Dead does zombies better. :P The campaign is definitely the best and most coherent story I've seen in the series (haven't played them all, though), but I ultimately found it less thrilling than Modern Warfare's.

But... Borderlands. Do it. :P
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Of the two you listed, I have only played MW2 so that's the only one I can recommend.

However I thoroughly support the praise for Halo: Reach. Fantastic game all around.
SpartanOmega
Gamer
Gamer
Location: since you see this post.... I'm probably at my computer.
Out of the COD titles listed, I vote Black ops. Mainly because I loath MW2... Oh so much.

I support the Reach praise. It is by far the best Halo game to ever be released, and you can't do much better than it.
"Always tell of God's love. If necessary, use words"- St. Francis

Kudos: 35
Keero
GET HALO 3, U CAN SHUT DUEWDS!!!1!1 and sords.

/doesn't honestly know, TF2 is the best anyways

And yeah, MW2 is broken, get Black Ops if it is a COD title. :)
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
here's t3h thing

most the people I know (like, IRL :P) play MW2, only 1 plays Reach ( :shock: ) and 1 or 2 play Black Ops.

My question is

Is MW2 worth it if you play with good friends a lot? Like, "yeah this is somewhat uneven but it's better than playing with no one I know"?

also

for kicks

I rented Red Dead Redemption

it got boring for me?

edit: and I kind of don't buy games close to full price. XD but I have never had luck with used games for some reason... gah.
Keero
MW2 is broken. It's glitchy. It's unbalanced. And the way games are hosted just flat out sucks. And that's on all versions. :|
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
MW2 now mostly consists of kids that think they are MLG, quickscoping, knife runners, and people camping for nukes. Not to mention all the people that glitch. Black Ops has awful hit detection and tends to lag quite a bit. I wouldn't really recommend either. COD despite the huge sales increase has actually dropped in quality since World at War.

Do it what everyone else said and get Reach. Most bang for your buck and it has much better gameplay than COD.
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
If this is PC, look at the steam sales.. there are some real bargains. Borderlands, Bad Company 2, MW2, all for >= 50% off. If this is 360 like others are assuming, then take their advice.

IBJamon
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I DUNT WANT HALO OK
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Greg Hastings Paintball 2. It is safe, and gives all the FPS content and concept. Plus being able to create your own playfield is pretty cool. And it has great education value in terms of telling us all about Paintball, and its history.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
ChickenSoup wrote:I DUNT WANT HALO OK
Fine. Be stubborn.

Get Battlefield: Bad Company 2 instead. >.>
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:
ChickenSoup wrote:I DUNT WANT HALO OK
Fine. Be stubborn.

Get Battlefield: Bad Company 2 instead. >.>
see now, I was looking into dis

HOW EPIC IS BAD COMPANY 2

ON A SCALE OF CHUCK NORRIS TO CHUCK NORRIS TO RIDING A T-REX