Linkrealms, an Ultima Online throwback

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
RoosterOnAStick
Are you human?: Yes!
OK so a buddy of mine convinced me to try it out, even though I never did play much of the original UO. I bought into the fall beta and I must say I am actually very impressed.

I would say if you have played UO and liked it, you will love this MMO. Got more or less the same kinds of mechanics (though the place to set up hotkeys was a pain to find at first). If you didn't like UO, then I'm not sure yet if this game offers enough to change anyone's mind.

If you never played UO or are like me and didn't play it much, well, if you like old school RPGs and in particular MUDs, I think you'll enjoy this. Also, it is open world PvP outside of the safe zones, and full looting like in the original UO if you die. So there is that too.

Anyone else have the chance to check it out yet?
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple
RoosterOnAStick
I will say, graphics wise, its not exactly top of the line to say the least. It's better than UO at least but don't expect shiny graphics lol.

Still, I actually like this, kind of gives that old school charm cause the gameplay is fun.
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
If I had time for MMOs I bet I'd love it :P