Any Fallout fans out there?

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
jdaman452
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I know this game is quite bloody/gory but just wondering if any other Christians enjoy it. Also post Fallout experiences. My first deathclaw encounter was quite an encounter. Primm pass and all. It came out of no where and I fell out of my seat.
"The problem with the internet is that you cannot tell if a quote is false." - George Washington
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I enjoyed Fallout 3 more than New Vegas. Fun games, but not for kids.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
I don't get the deathclaw thing. Then again when I had New Vegas I played a sniper and didn't actually encounter one until I was decently leveled and equipped. Headshots were fun. Crippling more fun.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Only played the OG Fallout. And deathclaws...were death. O_o Two hits, and you were dead'd. Not to mention that even an accurate assault rifle shot did very little damage to them.
Mad_Ivan
Noob
Noob
Fallout is the bomb! (No pun intended)
I love the music sooooo much, my grandma and I both can sing them.

I don't want to set the world on fire,
I just want to start, the flame in your heart...
monkeydance
Noob
Noob
I love fallout!!! I have Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas!! I have the ultimate edition of Fallout 3, so it has all of the DLC already on the disc!
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." -Jeremiah 29:11
blacksinow
New Vegas
- Side Quests meant NOTHING.
- Dead Money was an over elaborate bomb collar plot.
+ Cities felt more alive.
+/- Liked the enhancements, but could've been implimented in a Fallout 3 Director's Cut.
- Endings all sucked, even the side quest components.

Fallout 3
+ It actually FELT like a nuclear wasteland.
+ Actually envoked some emotions that I don't often experience.
+ I liked the open-ended conversion from Broken Steel.
+ Side Quests actually HAD some importance.

I like Fallout, because it is a pretty realistic scenario, but also fun to think about.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I enjoyed the whole franchise. I have Fallout 3 GOTY edition and New Vegas Ultimate. I love the game so much and can't wait until fallout 4. Granted I will be forced to buy a PS4 then.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
blacksinow
I don't like the creation engine used for Skyrim. It took alot of what I liked out of elder scrolls. Fallout has always been a game where you can find unique weapons and armor, the thought of crafting replacing that just kind've bothers me. But I AM getting a PS4 in mid-late feb and won't bother with FO4 until I have confirmation of details. But on the OTHER hand, having limitless quests will be fun, especially if they give it an endingless game like they did with brokensteel. As long as they don't do the survivor horror bunk, I'll be satisfied I think. I hate survival horror and zombies.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I was perusing gog.com today, and I just saw that the original Fallout games, as well as Fallout Tactics are available for free! They are right here for those who might be interested. (Link is to Fallout 2, and you can find links to the other games on that page.)

I don't know if this is a permanent giveaway or part of a sale, though, so the price may increase by the time you read this....
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
GOG.com's giveaways are permanent to your account, so even though the giveaway ends, you still have it as if you bought it.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
blind illusion
Noob
Noob
I love FO3 and FO:NV, the ghouls are some of the funniest characters ever made.