Need a game recommendation

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Our eleven year old son is wanting to find a turn based role playing game on the PC. So it has to be appropriate for an eleven year old. That means nothing PEGI 12+, and nothing ESRB T. I was looking on Steam but having problems finding the age ratings.

Nothing that is also on the consoles. So no Final Fantasy games since we have the console versions. He plays a lot of turn based RPGs on the DS. But is interested in PC games.

CCGR users know a lot about the PC games so I am hoping for some good ideas.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
I really can't think of anything better than what is on consoles, or anything that you would find appropriate for that matter. Try Evoland on Steam, I guess.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
When I think of turn based games Paradox has some but all of the ones that come to mind (Kings Bounty, Lionheart King's Crusade, Majesty, Elven Legacy, Legio) are all Teen :\ S.W.I.N.E is a free turn based game but again it's rated Teen Worms Reloaded is turn based, not ESRB rated but it's not an RPG.

This is hard request...
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Nate DaZombie wrote:I really can't think of anything better than what is on consoles, or anything that you would find appropriate for that matter. Try Evoland on Steam, I guess.
Thanks. :) Looked at a video, looks like it might be okay. Showed him the video and he is all excited. so we are going to try this one thanks. :)

ccgr,
We are going to try Nate's suggestion. I too had problems finding anything. He hates the dungeon crawlers so that throws out a lot. Age throws out even more. He said even if it was like Ni No Kuni that would be okay.

This makes me think there is a real market for this kind of a game.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Spiral Knights is what I recommend.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
hey check this game out, I think it's on sale too

http://www.christcenteredgamer.com/inde ... -s-tale-pc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Civilization IV or V. One of the greatest turn based strategies ever created and it teaches history tangentially as well.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Have you considered the reboot of the Avernum series? It isn't ESRB rated, but I don't recall anything objectionable during my tests of the game. (I did a review of the predecessors and you can find it here). Spiderweb's site offers free demos of their games, so you can give it a spin and see what you think before handing it off to your son.
Kwan
Possibly Legend of Grimrock? I've only played a little bit, but its pretty nice. It has some pretty high review ratings too. There aren't any age ratings, but you can go check it out and decide for yourself.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
How about Malicious? Oh, wait. That's an action game.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami