Runescape

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
prunehairs
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I used to play a game called Runescape every day for years. I quit after some bad updates to the game. The makers of the game recently released an old version of the game from 2007 to the public and I played it for about a month. I am just curious, does anyone on here play it? I know a lot of people think it is a terrible game and I've heard things like "it's for kids" and just lots of negative comments on the game. However, if anyone is into this game maybe we could play together? I found that it is not very fun without someone to play with... Let me know what you guys think and if you play, thanks :)
I don't know how to make this look good so here's a cat.

Noobyhead99
There's already a thread for this.
Could we get a merge?

As a side note, Runescape was great in 2007, though the aesthetics were VERY dated.
If you played it back then, the nostalgia will be overwhelming. I preferred 2009, though.
Spoiler:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
The only Runescape thread I could locate was well past six months old. Am I missing one?
prunehairs
Noob
Noob
I too preferred 2009 (or at least I think it was 2009) around that time I started to really get into pking. I ended up doing lots of high risk hybridding in world PvP as well as a lot of bounty hunter. Back when Armadyl Godswords were ~120m those were the days. lol :P If there was already a thread on this I apologize I didn't see any.
I don't know how to make this look good so here's a cat.

Sstavix
CCGR addict
I've never played Runescape, but I know many people like it. I've been tempted to give it a spin... but I do tend to be a bit of an RP isolationist. I put much more emphasis on the "RP" portion of an RPG. Being surrounded by characters with names like "Hotstuff679" or "NarutoGoku" who tend to think full sentences can be constructed solely by one-letter words is a quick way to ensure I will NOT be back in the game again.

I've often said that the worst thing about MMORPGs tend to be the other players.
Noobyhead99
Sstavix wrote:I've never played Runescape, but I know many people like it. I've been tempted to give it a spin... but I do tend to be a bit of an RP isolationist. I put much more emphasis on the "RP" portion of an RPG. Being surrounded by characters with names like "Hotstuff679" or "NarutoGoku" who tend to think full sentences can be constructed solely by one-letter words is a quick way to ensure I will NOT be back in the game again.

I've often said that the worst thing about MMORPGs tend to be the other players.
RuneScape is really one of those games that you just have to give a go :D
It's grindy, but they got grinding right and managed to keep it fun, and thankfully the maturity of the players (bar a few rather immature ones) has increased dramatically recently.
Honestly the hardest time you'll have is finding a name, as you'd be surprised at the amount of taken names.

You might not have much fun though, as a lot of the appeal is to old-time players looking for a bit of nostalgia. Most of said nostalgia comes from the fact that RuneScape is essentially a joke in itself and can by summed up by "lol runescape"
Spoiler:
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
I played Runescape from 2004 to 2005, then became tired of the grind. The last time I logged in was likely 2011. I'll never go back to it.
Cory_Hartland
Noob
Noob
I just bought a membership today. The game is okay. It was definitely better in 2007 than now. But if you want to play sometime just message me. Darkzeo999
CookieCadet
Noob
Noob
My older siblings used to play this for hours when they were younger. I've never got into it but it looks interesting. :)
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Cory_Hartland wrote:I just bought a membership today. The game is okay. It was definitely better in 2007 than now. But if you want to play sometime just message me. Darkzeo999
Play Old School.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
JamieBoi
Noob
Noob
I recently started playing "Old School Runescape" too. While I don't like the violence, it is fun to chop down trees and Mine i am glad that its one kf the few online games not centered around violence :) Currently 67 wood cutting 45 mining and 32 fishing, I think i will buy membership soon. What do you do for making money?