Path of Exile

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Any heard of or playing this?

Path of Exile

Though I never played Diablo 3, it does remind me of Diablo 2 which I played over 10 years ago. There are some aspects of the game including the perspective is reminiscent of D2. You choose between 6 classes: marauder, ranger, witch, duelist, shadow, & templar. Here's where it diverges from D2 though, as you level, you get 1 passive skill point to invest in. The passive skill point map may look confusing at first but the possibilities to create a unique skill set are endless. Skills come in the form gems which you socket into equipment in order to use its ability.

Path of Exile is currently in beta. I've been playing it lately. The game is free and will have "ethical microtransactions." There is no gold in the game. Trading with vendors & as well as other players is based on scrolls, orbs, loot, etc.
blacksinow
EchoDelta wrote:Any heard of or playing this?

Path of Exile

Though I never played Diablo 3, it does remind me of Diablo 2 which I played over 10 years ago. There are some aspects of the game including the perspective is reminiscent of D2. You choose between 6 classes: marauder, ranger, witch, duelist, shadow, & templar. Here's where it diverges from D2 though, as you level, you get 1 passive skill point to invest in. The passive skill point map may look confusing at first but the possibilities to create a unique skill set are endless. Skills come in the form gems which you socket into equipment in order to use its ability.

Path of Exile is currently in beta. I've been playing it lately. The game is free and will have "ethical microtransactions." There is no gold in the game. Trading with vendors & as well as other players is based on scrolls, orbs, loot, etc.
Didn't care for the fact that the devs chose PVP over the visually impaired. The map was awful on my eyes and I couldn't make heads or tails out of my position, and the enemies are just as worse visually. If you want a better product, play Torchlight 2 instead, it's stupidly cheap.