Pathfinder Online

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Paizo has been running a Kickstarter to raise funds and attract interest in their first on-line foray, "Pathfinder Online." Today they have introduced an "Online Environment Experience" to show people what they have been working on and to give people a chance to actually walk around (virtually) a portion of their game world. For free!

The online application uses the Unity Web player, which may need to be installed first. (Interestingly enough, we've been discussing Unity and game design software over here.)

You can read more about the game and click on the link to try it yourself at this Web site.
blacksinow
Considering Bethesda's track record in game breaking bugs, glitches, and exploits... I'm going to pass and predict that this game will crash hard.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Then it's a good thing Bethesda isn't designing this game, isn't it? :P I think you may have confused this thread with another one I've been involved in occasionally....
blacksinow
Yeah you're likely right.
RoosterOnAStick
I found this thread and wanted to post an update.

They are opening it up for early release now. Those who were part of the kickstarter and the original early release sign-up periods will have access to the game late next month. However, my friend informs me that if you sign up now you can get in on it the month after. They are apparently staggering the rate that people join up before release. They seem to want to gradually build the society and economy of the world up and it looks like almost all of that will be player driven.

Check it out:

https://goblinworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple
RoosterOnAStick
Sorry to necro this thread, but it has been a while since this MMORPG has been mentioned but I've been spending a lot of time in game and I will say I am actually starting to enjoy it, even though it is very bare bones at the moment.

I will start another cause I would like to have others join in to check it out. I got some invites for people if they are interested and point them to my guild. The interesting thing is guilds are attached to settlements and/or holdings. Within a specific guild there are companies, which is good cause we each can have our own company under the auspices of a larger alliance.

So we could develop a company or guild, but I would think a nice ccgr company within my guild is a good solid bet. We are mainly a True Neutral alignment but our biggest thing is about individual and company level self-determination. It is a mature guild, who all look out for each other and do both PvE and PvP. The companies I am a part of try to be casual friendly as well.

Interesting thing about the PvP part is that we're actually better at it than the guild that advertises themselves as the PvP guild. We often win the battles quite handily, and without the sort of gamesmanship that the PvP guild is known for as well. But we're all adults that got families and lives outside the game too, so we are definitely understanding of people's time schedules.

In short, come with us and we will guarantee that, whether you wind up liking the game and sticking with it or not, you will have the best experience possible.
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple
RoosterOnAStick
Here once more is the link to Goblinworks, the small company developing the game:

http://www.goblinworks.com

Here is the link to my overarching guild's site, The Seventh Veil. It's still kind of a work in progress so pardon our dust...

http://www.khaiognos.org/Website/index.php

If anyone wants any invites please let me know and I will be happy to give it to you. If you all wanna join up and then eventually branch out to an autonomous or even a fully independent group once enough people are in from ccgr then we are definitely ok with that.

Remember though that, like here, we have a strict no trolling policy and insistence on respect and trying to keep the profanity down. Again, much like here, except without the religious aspects. We tend to do a fair amount of role play but it is not required (but it would be nice to add more of it for those who want to).

PM me if you want to check this out, or heck just post here.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I had forgotten about this one (and I started the thread! :oops: )

It looks like it's a subscription-based game, rather than free to play. Drat. It might be worth the $15 a month to play, but my wife and I cancelled our WoW subscriptions years ago because we couldn't justify the expense compared to how little time we had to play. And with three kids, work and all the other projects to do (as well as my personal challenges in terms of my writing career), I still can't really justify $15 a month for barely any time to play. :(

If things change, though, I'll probably give it a look! :)