State of Decay

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
So for those of you who love survival games, zombie games, open world sandboxes, this game might interest you!

http://undeadlabs.com/about-state-of-decay/

It is a zombie survival game coming out for Xbox 360 (And I believe PC) as an arcade game.
State of Decay is our ambitious zombie-survival open world game currently under development at Undead Labs for release on Xbox 360 / Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC.

We’ve all sat around with friends, debating the best ways to survive the zombie apocalypse. Well, the time for speculation is over; State of Decay will let you put your personal survival plan to the test.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Intrigued. I am. Looks gooey though.
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
It does. I'm surprised it is just an arcade game though. Survival team in the making?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Interesting idea.

And actually, I'm rather pleased it's an arcade game. I'm fairly certain it will mean the 'surprise' moments and the resource gathering stuff will get rehashed fairly quickly, but I'm not sure that matters.

I just hope it's not one of those 'Oops. You used all the resources on the map and are now stuck' kind of things.
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
Well they said the worlds will be fairly large (like a GTA size world) so there will be an abundance of resources. You can grow food so that is no issue, it's the junk yards and stuff like that. Also I found out it will run on the Crye Engine 3. Dunno what this means, if it is a good system or not but looks cool.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Heck, I'm intrigued. My buy/no buy decision will be refined more as it gets closer to release and a price is announced. I'm still wanting to get Arma II for DayZ :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
It is an arcade game so it will be anywhere from $10-20. I'm assuming $20 since it is so awesome looking.
Legionnaire
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
This looks quite interesting. Any information on co-op, either splitscreen or online? My girlfriend and I game together a lot, and she's absolutely obsessed with zombies.
"For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth comes knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
It is sounding like 2 player splitscreen or xbox live co-op from what they said. THIS MEANS CHOZON AND I CAN GO ON R4IDS! :D
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Zombie raiding with interwebs friends...there is no greater past time.
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
Add Eggnog into the mix and WE SHALL RULE THE GALAXY AS CHOZON1 AND AIRPA!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
...Are you sure we're not blood kin?
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
I am unsure...Maybe...perhaps........Could you possibly be my first cousin twice removed that my ancient ancestors of old spoke of????