Fallout 3 vs Fallout 3 : New Vegas, which do you prefer?

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
blacksinow
So, I've been contemplating as of late... which of these are better to everyone. Player-made mods ofcourse do not count in deciding which is best.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Fallout 3

New Vegas isn't Fallout 3 though
blacksinow
It IS Fallout 3 mechanically, with some tweaks and additions.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I had a harder time weaning myself from Fallout 3 than New Vegas, then again New Vegas pushed the appropriateness envelope a bit more...both fun games for sure though
blacksinow
I can understand why so many people prefer Fallout 3, from Fallout 3 : New Vegas. F3NV offered new additions and more quests to be true, but the world had fealt as though it had less "nukes had fallen" and more "look at the shiny things!" If you understand my point anyway... And I wouldn't say the DLC for both games was all that great, but I didn't care for the weapons that were available in the F3NV DLC packs. Where the case in The Pitt, I LOVED my man opener!
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
for the record, it's just Fallout: New Vegas
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Now, now, Soup, he already corrected that.

I preferred New Vegas vastly.

It was a morally harder game in a lot of ways, and with good reason. And the story was far more significant than that of Fallout 3. I actually felt torn for much of the journey...
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
but.... it's the actual title of the game we're talking about o_o
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Jdwll316
Noob
Noob
ok so this is something i would like to know i have fallout 3 and i was wondering if new vegas was better or not i havent played it yet but i have heard good things but i would like to know if its better than the first one
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas, both different games. I enjoyed 3 a bit more though.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Depends on what you want. I've not touched Fallout 3, but I have put in a good few hours into the original. Unless you actually meant 'Fallout 3' as the original?

Anyway, the OG game was a hexagonal type viewpoint turn based RPG. Wildly different from the newer ones which are similar to Oblivion.
Legionnaire
Noob
Noob
Fallout: New Vegas was easily my favorite. Fallout 3 was too gray for my taste, to be honest. New Vegas' graphics were warmer and more inviting. And it had ED-E. I loved that little robot...
"For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth comes knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6
Brion777
Noob
Noob
Fallout 3 will always be special in my mind. It was just one of those games you never wanted to put down. New Vegas was good but.. meh.
It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else's foundation. (Romans 15:20)
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Thought this game was a shooter. :?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
In a sense, it is, but it would be more accurate to call it "The Elder Scrolls with guns"