The Kingdom Hearts Series

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Spoiler:
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Even so, Kingdom Hearts is still an awesome RPG. But do you know why it is so good. It's because it's new but nothing new. What does that mean? It means that this particular crossover has been done. Just not like this. Still don't get it? This should be known to you now: did you know Walt Disney is the reason anime exists? That is why KH is so popular.
There is so much wrong within such a small space...
You know, if you only include the main games, The Elder Scrolls series has more games than KH as well.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Not talking about that right now. Thanks for your input, though. Anyway, this is the reason why Kingdom Hearts is so popular.

http://novaonline.nvcc.edu/eli/evans/hi ... ime62.html
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Drewsov
CCGR addict
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Even so, Kingdom Hearts is still an awesome RPG. But do you know why it is so good. It's because it's new but nothing new. What does that mean? It means that this particular crossover has been done. Just not like this. Still don't get it? This should be known to you now: did you know Walt Disney is the reason anime exists? That is why KH is so popular.
It's not even an RPG. Let's be honest, it's hard to even argue that it's a passable JRPG. Where's the inventive leveling system? Where's the compelling but confusing plot? Where's any motivation that the game has to exist other than some idea that it's popular because of anime?

That's probably the most self-defeating statement you've ever made on this forum. "Kingdom Hearts was created by people who were influenced by Disney and anime, and that makes it popular."

OKAY.

And Final Fantasy has characters named Wedge and Biggs in it all the time with storylines that resemble Star Wars, and that's why it's so popular.

None of that even makes sense.
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Not talking about that right now. Thanks for your input, though. Anyway, this is the reason why Kingdom Hearts is so popular.

Actually, we were talking about that.

I think you need to learn some forum etiquette. You're acting like a 12 year-old Minecraft junkie.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Drewsov wrote:
It's not even an RPG. Let's be honest, it's hard to even argue that it's a passable JRPG. Where's the inventive leveling system? Where's the compelling but confusing plot? Where's any motivation that the game has to exist other than some idea that it's popular because of anime?

That's probably the most self-defeating statement you've ever made on this forum. "Kingdom Hearts was created by people who were influenced by Disney and anime, and that makes it popular."

OKAY.

And Final Fantasy has characters named Wedge and Biggs in it all the time with storylines that resemble Star Wars, and that's why it's so popular.

None of that even makes sense.
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Not talking about that right now. Thanks for your input, though. Anyway, this is the reason why Kingdom Hearts is so popular.

Actually, we were talking about that.

I think you need to learn some forum etiquette. You're acting like a 12 year-old Minecraft junkie.

First, I know nothing about Minecraft so you calling me something based on that does not affect me at all. :|

Second, the story is somewhat confusing.

Unlike the Final Fantasy series, (unless you count Dissidia) KH is all connected. Even if the story is separate, it is connected. If you play a random game from the series and you are new to it, you will either be confused or miss a crucial part of the story. And even though they sound like the same thing, they are totally different. And I'm sorry for not having proper forum etiquette. I will try to have less personality next time (I'm being sarcastic by the way...... 8) )
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Drewsov
CCGR addict
It's not about having less personality. I ooze personality all over the place.

It's about attempting to be polite and not dismissing people out of hand because of what they say.

I may come off as gruff, blunt, abrasive, etc., but at the very least I give people the time of day. You just said, "We're not talking about that" and essentially insulted the person's view. The two previous posts had been regarding something else.

Here's the thing, though: there are ways of redirecting topics, and that's not it. There are also ways of politely incorporating someone's contributions to a thread, none of which you did.

So ultimately what it comes down to is some sick form of Forum-based Social Darwinism: Adapt or die. You cannot act the way you've been acting (fanatical, dismissive of everyone who disagrees) and then turn around and expect people to treat you with respect. Nor can you jump on others and tell them that they don't understand just because they disagree.

I've been at this site for over ten years. I've written, contributed and helped establish segments of the site. I know how this goes.

All I'm asking is that you starting taking a breath before you respond. I've seen posts mentioning that you're in college. Then I see you going all caps (while being completely serious), throwing down a hundred smiley-faces and breaking your finger on your exclamation point key. I honestly thought you were under 15 because of that behavior. So I'm saying tone it down, be cool, and people are going to love talking to you.

You seem like a cool kid. I just can't tell over the sound of the crazy.

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Sorry....... :cry:

I have a tendency to speak before I think. Considering my situation, part of the territory.

Also, I'm planning on getting a 3DS before I get a Vita instead of the other way around, so I will be getting KH: Dream Drop Distance and RE: Coded. Maybe even 358/2 Days. Once again, if I was rude I apologize......

― Criss Jami
rexecidous
We should just have a topic for all these debates they are popping up all over the place :|
Last edited by rexecidous on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Kingdom Hearts 3D....IS FINALLY RELEASED!!!!!!!!

YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

― Criss Jami
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hope it's worth the $60
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
$60 what is this I don't even

Is it 3 cartridges? O_o
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Wait but here it says,
Product Summary

Title: KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Genre: RPG
Release Date:Available Now
MSRP: $39.99 (standard edition), $59.99 (Mark of Mastery edition)
Copyright: © Disney. Developed by SQUARE ENIX
The game it self is only $40,
though the Mark of Mastery edition is $60 since it comes with all of this:

I think I will just go for the game though.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
The mediocrity... it's blinding...

:P

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Drew, hand me your "officially a hater" club card and I'll put another punch in it.

3 more and you get a free pie.

>_>

<_<

:P
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
OOOOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!!!! That was nice. WhooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Free pie.........if it is sweet potato pie, then I'll just get it without the card please. I don't hate KH.

― Criss Jami
Drewsov
CCGR addict
I don't much like pie, Chozon.

:|