Guild Wars/Star Trek Online?

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
RedStar
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Anyone here play either?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Welcome to the site! I played the Star Trek demo and didn't really get into it. I also played the original Guild Wars but didn't like the pentagrams in it and sold our copies. I know we have some Guild Wars fans here though
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
There is some guild wars talk in the Guid Wars 2 thread.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
RedStar
Noob
Noob
Thanks to both of you, yeah, i know what you mean, part of the reason i deleted my Necromancer (still unsure of getting rid of my rit or not, but hey, i enjoy playing a restoration magic rit, it's a nice change from having played monks in the past).
glamdring
Noob
Noob
I play guild wars, player name Glamdring R or add my steam glamdering92
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
my handle is Malachi Perellon.

Just throwing this out there, if a lot of us are not in a guild, wouldn't be up for a creating a small ccgr guild? I have some coin I can throw down for that.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RedStar
Noob
Noob
That'd be great actually, just got here, but my guild (made with some friends a while ago) is pretty much dead
glamdring
Noob
Noob
Yeah I still have a guild, but it's only me and my friend left in it. I think some one on here said they have one with all upgrades, no point in us wasting are coin on a new one.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Sure, if that's so, I'm down for joining a ccgr guild.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RedStar
Noob
Noob
Oh yeah, anyone got any farming advice/areas to farm? Used to 130 dervish but well, that's kinda out of commission now (my old build doesn't work anymore)
Starbuck
Noob
Noob
I've got a lifetime sub to STO, which I really enjoyed for the few months my computer was alive to handle it. I'm stuck with a Mac Mini as my only gaming machine now, so haven't been able to play it.
When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. - Proverbs 10:19, NIV 1984

Cross Platform
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
bummer on your system being down..lifetime subscriptions are like $150 right? Hope they keep it up since Atari dropped Cryptic
Starbuck
Noob
Noob
I'm not sure if they are still available or not. I was able to get one because I took part in the beta. It cost me $200 overall for the game and sub (I think), so you're probably right. I'm hoping to get a new gaming rig up and running by the end of the year, once I've gotten myself out of some debt and gotten some money saved up. I've read about a lot of changes to STO, so I'll be interested to see how different the game is.
When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. - Proverbs 10:19, NIV 1984

Cross Platform
blacksinow
I don't play guild wars, for one good reason... And I am NOT trying to sound harsh mind you. But honestly, it was easier to get a group of monkeys in a zoo coordinated rather then a group of people in a guild wars team. Anyone who has played through the Closer to the Stars quest in guild wars factions knows what I am talking about. I don't believe in luck or anything like that, but I could swear SOMETHING was going in my favor the day I actually managed to get through that quest...

As for Star Trek Online, if you have an intel card or anything of the sort... then Star Trek Online may not work out so well for you. That isn't to say that it is a bad game... It is simply graphics intensive.... The game is pretty decent, and can be fun I will admit. I just wish the crafting stations could be added to your ship.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Guild Wars missions just demand a lot of good communication, coordination, teamwork, adaptibility, and prior prepararion. That's why they get so infuriating late-game with only random groups or with henchies/heroes
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested