Guild Wars 2

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Alright, so I'm potentially not the only one who keeps checking the site for updates :P
I'm pretty stoked about it.

So, glamdring, what classes/race are you thinking of?
I got my heart set on a Charr Warrior and a Norn Thief.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
glamdring
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Well I'm not sure, but I always loved my archer so I will most likely stick with it. I'm still keeping my eye on the guardian and thief, and of course there is always an option to go good old warrior. For my race, I will either go Human, Norn, or Sulvari. I always like my human race and the norm seem cool, at the same time it would be neat to use the new race. I just couldn't bring my self to be the wretched charr Asura just seem way to odd and almost a bit annoying.

Most likely I will be an Norn or Human archer. As the release date gets closer and I can get my hands on more videos and what not I will make up my mind. I really like my Human race but I think a Norn archer kinda feels right. I sure hope the game releases while I'm on break from college, so I can devote a good week to the game HAHAHA.

Oh and for some really good information check out the videos from PAX. http://www.arena.net/blog/video-the-gui ... east-panel
They breakdown the dynamic events much better than the site dose.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, the dynamic event system seems really cool; I'm looking forward to see how they pull it off, as well as the emphasis on a character's personal story.

And I'm so gonna rock the charr.
This guy sold me on it:
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

glamdring
Noob
Noob
hahaha, I was never much of a PvP guy but the sound of World vs World might just turn me into one! :P

I still can't decide, but they don't provide much information on the new race. I can't wait for the public beta, I never found an area to sign up for either the closed or public beta yet.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Nope, no word on when it's coming out, either.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

glamdring
Noob
Noob
Well according to those videos they do have people testing it. Not sure where they picked them from, but I want in! I wonder if they will do like many companies and preorder will get you into the beta.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
does your fiance play ArchAngel?
glamdring
Noob
Noob
ArchAngel wrote:New Profession announced!
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/p ... /commando/
WOW I did not expect that, I don't know that seems like an odd profession for Guild Wars. I have no doubt they can work it in, just seems very modern for the game.

Nice to know even they are participating in April fools day :D
Tritherian
Noob
Noob
This is probably my favorite April Fool this year. If for no other reason than the amount of effort that went into it. :lol:
glamdring
Noob
Noob
Tritherian wrote:This is probably my favorite April Fool this year. If for no other reason than the amount of effort that went into it. :lol:
No kidding! They even had in game quest that let you turn into a commando and travel back in time.
Honestly I was disappointed by Google this year, it was funny but you could tell they didn't put much effort in this time. Grooveshark did a cool 3D one. If any of you are Linux people you would have found the PCLinuxOS one VERY funny.
Tritherian
Noob
Noob
glamdring wrote:If any of you are Linux people you would have found the PCLinuxOS one VERY funny.

I liked the one on Linux Gamer that announced that Steam and Source now worked natively in Linux. They then linked to WINE. :P
glamdring
Noob
Noob
Tritherian wrote:
glamdring wrote:If any of you are Linux people you would have found the PCLinuxOS one VERY funny.

I liked the one on Linux Gamer that announced that Steam and Source now worked natively in Linux. They then linked to WINE. :P
Hahaha, I have gotten all but one game to run in WINE. But I haven't spent much trying to get BFBC2 to run in Linux because my Linux box needs a new CPU.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, that was a really good one.
ccgr wrote:does your fiance play ArchAngel?
Yup. When we have time, we've been working up through Tyria.

I still have to beat Hell's Precipice. Does anybody else need this?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Tritherian
Noob
Noob
I do have a Warrior that needs the mission and a Monk that needs the bonus. Just let me know if you want to have a go sometime.