Fallout: New Vegas

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
roopymcdoodle
Noob
Noob
Location: The Bowl-a-rama teetering over the Carter-Dixon tunnel
Just bought it. Never played Fallout 3 but I was looking for a good single player rpg that would last me a while. So far I'm very impressed. The world is huge and full of places to explore and people to meet outside of the main quest line. There seem to be a lot of different faction around but you can't befriend all of them since a bunch are competing against each other. So eventually you've gotta choose your friends and enemies. Another thing that has stuck out is that it is a pretty difficult game on the default setting. It's not overwhelming, but if you pick a fight with the wrong monster (which I unknowingly did quite a few times) you'll be dead real quick. You can turn the difficulty down, but I'm enjoying the challenge so far.
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I picked this up on launch day, but haven't had much time to play it yet. I'm enjoying it so far; some improvements over Fallout 3, as a lot of the skills / perks are less broken. I'm hoping to get more time in with this game soon.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I want..can't afford maybe for Chirstmas. I have lots of games I'm obligated to review right now anyways.
roopymcdoodle
Noob
Noob
Location: The Bowl-a-rama teetering over the Carter-Dixon tunnel
I just finished the campaign on the PC version. I have to say it is well worth it. The game is the definition of the open world sandbox environment. By the time you finish character can range from a murderous despot to a compassionate vigilante. I'd love to go back and play again but my only criticism at the moment is the insane amount of bugs that affect the gameplay. I'm not sure if this is the case with the 360 and PS3 versions but from my experience the PC version has had a ridiculous amount of bugs. Everything from random crashes to quest chains being broken and weapons disappearing. I didn't expect this from a game coming out of Bethesda Studios and I've read that they are working on a "comprehensive" patch to fix these problems. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
roopymcdoodle wrote:I\I didn't expect this from a game coming out of Bethesda Studios and I've read that they are working on a "comprehensive" patch to fix these problems.
Uh... why not? Fallout 3 was pretty much broken, and Oblivion had a ton of bugs, too.

But either way, this was Obsidian (developer), not Bethesda (publisher). And Obsidian isn't the greatest (in terms of the stability of its games), but I think this really boils down to Bethesda's QA department.

4sham, guiz.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Oblivion had bugz 4shur
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I had two copies of Morrowind, and both had different sets of glitches. XD

The 2nd copy...would just asplode for no reason.

Good games...but more buggy than a teen boys room.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
waiting for my $29 copy to arrive
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
got it today!
Flyingmonk
Noob
Noob
Got new Vegas on launch and I expected freezing and glitches after fallout 3 but quest breaking glitches are NOT OK. When you go clear out a basement full of nightkin and go upstairs only to be told to go clear out the nightkin in the basement and can't complete the quest that just ruins the experience. Sometimes it seems you have to do each quest update in the exact order they want.