PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale

For beating people up in games like Street Fighter and Tekken.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
I for one can't wait, being the PS3 fanboy that I am. The concept behind Smash Bros with PS3 characters on a stronger system? I can't wait.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
A stronger system? :?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
By comparison to the Wii, yes. It's a matter of opinion when it boils down to it, but statistically, the PS3 is a stronger system in almost all aspects except sales figures (I don't count games as they are not part of the system).
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
I thought you were talking about the gameplay. But I do see what you're saying.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
My reaction when it was first announced:

ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
To be frank, I think that it's not being developed with the same know-how that the guys at Nintendo have. They've been doing fighting games for over 15 years now, and this is Sony's first try with the Smash Bros design.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Maybe this is just out of my scope of preferred games, but it strikes me that this game won't nearly have the personality and the charm of the Smash bros.
It seems to be a half baked attempt to recreate the Smash Bros success for Sony. Who knows. Never played it and if they design it well enough, it might be good in it's own right, but I'm leaning on not.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
That's my assessment as well. It does seem like an attempted cash cow title, but you never can tell. I want to love this game, as I've fallen in love with Sony's cast from their individual titles (like Bioshock or Uncharted or inFAMOUS or LittleBigPlanet).
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Don't want to be a stickler, but BioShock is by 2k, not Sony.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
darthfett13
Noob
Noob
ScotchRobbins wrote:To be frank, I think that it's not being developed with the same know-how that the guys at Nintendo have. They've been doing fighting games for over 15 years now, and this is Sony's first try with the Smash Bros design.
Well firstly I can't think of any successful fighting games made by Nintendo. Unless you count Smash Bros and even that's pushing it.
Secondly, you understand that Sony is only publishing it. SuperBot entertainment is making it with the help of "Combofiend" which in my eyes gives it more legitimacy than anything in the realm of fighting games made by Nintendo.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
ArchAngel wrote:Don't want to be a stickler, but BioShock is by 2k, not Sony.
I am more than aware of that. However, he's still in the game as a character for playing as (look at some gameplay or at the wiki of you don't believe me).
darthfett13 wrote:
ScotchRobbins wrote:To be frank, I think that it's not being developed with the same know-how that the guys at Nintendo have. They've been doing fighting games for over 15 years now, and this is Sony's first try with the Smash Bros design.
Well firstly I can't think of any successful fighting games made by Nintendo. Unless you count Smash Bros and even that's pushing it.
Secondly, you understand that Sony is only publishing it. SuperBot entertainment is making it with the help of "Combofiend" which in my eyes gives it more legitimacy than anything in the realm of fighting games made by Nintendo.
Didn't know that. Probably justifies it more than I can. Nonetheless, the cast of characters, at least I think, aren't suited for this game. The majority of these characters have been seen in large 3D worlds, and I admit, it feels awkward seeing them flat. It's like the life are sucked out of them. The majority of Nintendo's characters originated in two spatial dimensions, but Nintendo developed their personalities with brilliant storytelling there, so everyone feels as comfortable with them there as elsewhere. Regular fighting game characters usually don't have a back story, but they are caricatures, extreme visual embodiments of personality.

I have no lack of faith that the fighting mechanics will work though.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Dude, until they release the demo and I try it for myself I'm not really paying any attention to it.

― Criss Jami
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Game needs more Crash Bandicoot.
rexecidous
I don't have a ps3 because it seems to have to many M games for my taste
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
rexecidous wrote:I don't have a ps3 because it seems to have to many M games for my taste
Dude, some of the best games on the PS3 are rated T, and there are even greater game series that are rated E like Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper and Little Big Planet.