Tired of unrealistic women in fighters

For beating people up in games like Street Fighter and Tekken.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
The problem is, we're 12 people in the 13 and up age bracket who don't like leering at women in fighters.

I know there's more out there. But we're the minority, is mah point. :P Until the gaming world says no, I think we're stuck.
bgpablo
Are you human?: Yes!
you will find this to be super ridiculous:
http://kotaku.com/5865836/time-to-justi ... anty-shots

"None of the characters use their sexuality in any aggressive way. It's just a thing they happen to be." They talk like they just found these characters and just had to accept who they were! The designer tries to justify it by saying that they look this way because the animator just made them this way - come on!

Even if this particular animator thought it was cool, someone on the design team could chime in and say, "um, you know girls in our society have a huge image problem, right? Do ALL these girls have to have unrealistic measurements?"

What a wasted opportunity, too. They are touting this as the first fighting game with an all-female cast. But that means nothing if they are overly-sexualized. Women are not sex objects! They are not better with bigger chests and smaller waists!

The artist would consider me one of those chivalrous guys, but that is not my intention. If I'm playing a fighting game, I would like to focus on the fighting. And, trust me, while I am all about crazy character designs (Smash bros?) and new ways to play, I don't need to see someone's underwear in a fight. I am not calling for realism, just an end to sexual stereotypes in the media.
If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it... well, we can be glad that we're all safe!
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
bgpablo wrote: What a wasted opportunity, too. They are touting this as the first fighting game with an all-female cast. But that means nothing if they are overly-sexualized. Women are not sex objects! They are not better with bigger chests and smaller waists!
Of course not. I prefer them with bigger rears, while the chestular area's importance, while not ignored, is of lesser importance. Not to say it doesn't stimulate the senses though, eh old chap? wot wot!
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
I agree, it has just become a contest between developers to see who can show the most skin. But then again, most people don't seem to mind...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
can't imagine why the unsaved world would put so much into such images
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
ChickenSoup wrote:can't imagine why the unsaved world would put so much into such images
they have nothing better to do. It's hard to not have Jesus.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I always forget that I should put /sarcasm tags on my posts >_>
jester747
Forum Moderator
XD

Don't worry Soup, I got it.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I thought you might XD
blacksinow
Honestly? I think in an age of ridulosity (as I'm going to call it), we have women in games with certain features that are simply fake. Anyone with common sense knows it, and some would even find it comical to a degree. The male half of the equation is getting equally annoying in other ways. You have no idea how badly I want within the option for character customization, all of the male facial features and hair styles don't look so outlandishly stupid. I would LOVE to see a game where over half of the options for the males do not make them look like wolverine and vegeta look-a-likes. And despite what types of women I am attracted too, I too feel that women and men can look good without going into the field of outlandishly stupid. Let's see more glowy stuff darn it!

You can have armor for women and men that do look incredible, without making it look overly stupid, you know.

And as for my stance regarding women fighting men... In a setting like Evil Zone, where the world or even the universe is at stake, then I can understand. But if it is a tournament-style game, then it should be women vs women and men vs men.

The problem is that, not enough people are speaking out about this.
Oblivions_Key
Gamer
Gamer
Location: Someplace where you need either a yellow wristband or a leprechaun to get to
Id rather women were not in fighters at all. It seems to me that God never intended for a man to fight a woman due to there seriously more diminutive strength. God made them much better at other things, which are equally important.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'm just going to leave this here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khutulun
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
blacksinow
When I said what I had said, I mean in a comparison of someone built like a rail versus a man who with an advantage in upperbody strength. A woman can beat a man, provided that they have the skill and some musculature. Let's be honest, if you have no been training to use any kind of martial art or weapon your entire life, then it will certainly be difficult to beat someone who has some experience in the field. But to say that God made women to do other things. Key, what kind of things are you talking about? Raising kids and cooking?

I'm a guy, but when someone says something to that effect, it really annoys me... Because that is the kind of thing that makes the rest of us men look bad. There are women in history who were great warriors, probably equal or better then men in some ways for that matter. The times in the Bible, there were some very unfortunate taboos, and unfortunately... women did not get treated as well as they probably should have more often then not.

Besides the obvious mention of Joan of Arc.... this is a link had procured especially for Oblivion_Key.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_warr ... l_examples

And if you look upon the creation of man and woman in the Bible, there is no mention about them not being able to fight physically or otherwise when God had created them.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
don't put words in Oblivion_key's mouth he didn't say we should stay in the kitchen and pop out babies. He just said we have other strengths which is true.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
As it turns out, women are a whole lot better at popping out babies than us men are.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim