Marvel vs. Capcom Series

For beating people up in games like Street Fighter and Tekken.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
jester747
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
The thing that's annoying about Akuma, is his best attack is so darn hard to hit your oppenent with.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Perhaps.

But MvC2 is a combo game, so "best attack" doesn't always mean as much. Connecting to the next hit is a bigger deal than any one hit being particularly powerful.

Gogo300-hit combo.

/still hasn't pulled that off :(
jester747
Forum Moderator
Uhm, my highest combo is probably around 80-ish methinks.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Keero
The highest combo I ever gotten was an 11... at a McDonalds. Go go McNuggets!

>.>
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
I got a 42 hit combo in Tales of Vesperia...

That's pretty good considering the timing window is like less than half a second.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Bunches of Street Fighter links are only a one frame window.

That's 1/60th of a second in SFIV.

Gogoprecision.

I think I broke 100-hit in MvC2 with the power of a delayed hyper combo... not sure if I could bust it out again, though. Mostly because I don't remember who I used to do it. XD
jester747
Forum Moderator
I need to learn how to have one character do a hyper combo, and then another do theirs afterwords.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Kendrik
CCGR addict
jester747 wrote:I need to learn how to have one character do a hyper combo, and then another do theirs afterwords.
That's a Delayed Hyper Combo (DHC). I'ma get you a link that explains it better than I would...

...better. Found a YouTube video. Basically, do your first Hyper Combo, interrupt it with the input for a hyper combo of the next character on your list (order seems to matter... not sure if which hyper combo you can use is limited by which form [alpha, beta, gamma] you pick, but it doesn't seem to be), then again with the next character. You'll need at least three meters to make it happen. It looks like, in training, anyway, you can execute a near infinite chain of DHC. Not sure if you can DHC more than once per character in an actual match. I'll have to find out next time I get a chance.

Hope that helps. If not, we can figure it out online some time.

Also, MvC3 is gonna be at NorCal Regionals in playable form. That's a day's drive. So tempted to see if I can tag along with locals, pitching in gas money... just to play an early build.

Not gonna do it... but I'd sure love to. XD
Kendrik
CCGR addict
OMG JESTER PLAY WITH ME!!!
jester747
Forum Moderator
XD

Sorry, my man. I've been trying to work out some issues with my computer lately and haven't really given it much thought. Once I work this stuff out I'll be sure to hit you up.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Kendrik
CCGR addict
Dudes. All y'all who don't have this game... are missing the heck out. Get it. Nao.

Jester-san and I just had a six-ish game set. Most matches were down to fractions of life left. I had to actually think and earn my wins. Felt good.

Good show, chap. Good show.

Also, you're getting better. Your technical skills in Marvel seem to be beyond my own now. You do crap, and I'm like "dangit."

Good games. :D
jester747
Forum Moderator
Why thank you.

Seriously, that's gotta be the most fun playing a video game I've had in a long, long time.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Kendrik
CCGR addict
That's just how we roll.

Now buy a Hori Fighting Stick 3. Level up your game. :P

I do adore MvC2, though. So much fun. Our matches are pretty sick, too. A definite bonus.

In no time, I'm gonna have to straight up work and train if I want to win. My bait-and-punish style will only carry me so much farther.

/gonna learn Iron Man infinite
/then play as an Avengers team
jester747
Forum Moderator
I had a pretty facepalm way of discovering that not all combos are universal today.

So, I went into training as Strider, Hayato, and Gambit, (Because I've been training with Strider and Hayato, and Gambit's always tricky, so it's good to practice his moves every now and then) and I decide to practice that air combo I know where I knock you into the air, use the super-jump (or whatever it's called, it's the one where you hit up really fast) and start bashing you around in mid-air, until I run out of time, in which case I slam you into the ground, which does as much damage as all my other attacks combined.

I spent the next twenty minutes knocking Wolverine into the air as Hayato, trying to follow up with a super jump fast enough to get some good slashes in while he's still midair. After a while I decide to just google it later, assuming I'd forgotten how to do the combo. But then I switched to Strider and executed it perfectly on my first try. I then sat there for a while trying to figure out what the heck just happened, when it hit me: Hayato takes a good four seconds to get into the air; Strider doesn't.

Yeaaaaaahhh, it's really not that good of a story, but man, did it ever throw me off at the time. XD
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Kendrik
CCGR addict
lolya Been there. Done that. It's probably the thing that kills me most. I expect certain things to be universal, but a lot of things aren't.

Universal: The so-called "magic series" of attacks (lp, lk, mp, mk, hp, hk).
Not universal: The available attacks within the magic series.

Universal: Launchers.
Not universal: Where the launchers lie within the magic series.

etc.

I'd have to toy with Hayato to know for sure, but he should have launcher into air combo.

I still have to decide on "my team." I really like CapCom, Akuma, Cyclops... but I really don't at the same time. It's effective, but not all that fun. I really like Ken; he's fun to play. Gambit is a long-time favorite in the Marvel universe, so yeah.

Gives me great rushdown with Ken, solid general purpose with Gambit... but it's lacking glue. I need a projectile heavy character (or to use Kinetic Card assist with Gambit) or... something. Not really sure what to add in. Not really wanting to add Cyclops or Cable doesn't help. Got any ideas?