Artemis

Pedal to the metal. See ya at the finish line.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
In case you've never heard of it, Artemis is a starship bridge simulator. What's unique about it is that each player mans a specific station on the bridge, and the computers are networked together.

We played last night for the first time, and it was pretty awesome. I was the helmsman, so it was my job to steer the ship, control speed (warp and sublight) navigate, and manage the main viewer.

My wife was the tactical officer, and it was her job to man the weapons, choose the right ordinance for the attack, and had the ability to convert certain torpedo types into extra energy.

My son was the engineer, and his job was to manage ship's power systems, direct damage control teams and manage shield output.

My friend was the captain, and he controlled no systems but was in overall command.

We also had a new guy join us and he handles the science station, which allowed him to scan other ships and space phenomena. Finally, there's a communications station for handling comms between the ship and other vessels/stations.

We rocked it out last night for a couple of hours. We got into one battle that was particularly bad, and it really sounded like an episode of Star Trek.

"Lock all weapons on that battleship!"
"Captain, forward shields down to 22%! She won't take much more!"
"Helm, get us out of here! Warp 1!"
"Warp drive not responding, Captain!"
"Engineering, get that warp drive online!"
"We're losing power Captain! Batteries down to 6%!"

Dude... we somehow won that fight. It was truly awesome.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
so you played against LAN and online players? Sounds fun
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Yeah we configured it so Dolly and I were together at the same table, two of the players were a few miles away at the one guy's house, and my son was up in PA so it was basically a WAN. All we had to do was have the hosting player open some ports on his router.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'm so happy you played this.

It just seemed so cool.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Game is great. The ACM chapter at my university would play that twice a year. We even had two ships running.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
So.
Cool.

I just brought this up to my coworkers, so, hopefully we might be able to start getting a crew together.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim