Star Citizen

Pedal to the metal. See ya at the finish line.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Right. Squadron 42 is going to be stand-alone content. If you want to get into the content where you can go do stuff with friends then you'll need to get into the larger persistent universe of Star Citizen. But the $30 that gets you Squadron 42 also gets you the larger world. So it's all good.

Here's a thought: Why doesn't CCG start up a Star Citizen faith organization?
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
My hubby pre-ordered I haven't
MobilizedTiger
Noob
Noob
Can't wait to get it, i love the whole idea of the game and overall it look amazing and then some.
CodePro1.0
Noob
Noob
I would totally get Star Citizen if my computer could handle it. I am sort of a space nerd and this would total fit my appetite.

~CodePro1.0~
RoosterOnAStick
Yeah, so I decided to finally invest in this game as I had been meaning to for many months now. So far they have the dogfighting and space racing parts out at the moment. Later this year they will be doing the FPS-like component and a 70 mission solo campaign. They have a lot more going on after that this year.

I believe the full release is next year but I could be wrong. I am hoping they will have an alpha version of the whole universe (which will include planet-side exploration, claiming territory, shooting, and adding new abilities to your character as well as your ship) before the end of this year. After that we will see how the beta goes.

I have high hopes for this game. It seems to be what I always wanted EVE Online to be. It is also shaping up to be a nice cross between PvE generated content and persistent open world player generated content.
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple
Chuckleluck
Noob
Noob
I bought the game and downloaded the launcher to try out the dogfighting module. I really liked it, though they release so many updates and they're so big I stopped playing (my internet isn't the best). Maybe when they release the FPS module I'll give it another go.
Gublin3
Noob
Noob
I've been considering this game, is it any good? a friend of mine is super into it