Tinyland (My current and longest-standing minecraft survival world; beta 1.7.3)

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Which would you like to see more of?

Buildings
No votes
Vehicles
No votes
Transportation
100%
Redstone
No votes
Attractions (e.g. Rollercoasters; carousals)
No votes
Other
No votes
I'm good.
No votes

Total votes: 1
LuminousLCDLord
Noob
Noob
I've been playing minecraft beta 1.7.3 for a while now, and I'm glad to say that no other mod, version, or game is going to replace that, it's that good.

So, here's some of my images:
Spoiler:
This is my main base; so cool for a traditional minecraft cabin.

And here's my neighbor, the modern house. (Admittedly, I should've put it further away in an entirely different area, because it seems to be breaking the immersion with my cabin. lol)
Originally, this house also had a rail line in front of it, with switches that would wait 2 seconds for me to select a destination, then take me off. Turns out it was ruining the beauty of the lawn in front (which in fact I've just remembered I was supposed to turn this into a nice crystal-clear pool for the peeps here), and I'm not really into redstone or anything technical like that, so I got rid of it entirely, and I'll stick with stopping until I change direction; I'm fine with that.

Here's my newbie town, also. (I'm not a newbie. In fact, this was my most recent project; way after my main base. And I'm a veteran. Go figure.)

What a beautiful sunset that evening; I'll never forget it. And the moonrise was just as pretty. It felt like the love of evening just flew over me.

Me listening to the hallowing tune of Sweden as I make signs.

My diamond shovel breaking - literally one of the only instances of that happening, it's that rare for me.

And me hearing my most feared cave sound, the rumbling howl. (Sorry, I couldn't think of a better name for that. lol...)
Next up, my deaths and near-misses.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Neat, thanks for sharing!
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Very neat! I like it! Goes to show how much Minecraft has changed visually over the years.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
LuminousLCDLord
Noob
Noob
Thanks for the replies, y'all. I appreciate that. It really does mean a lot to my first impressions, and I'll always cherish them with this version.

In fact, it felt weird to me at first with the lack of 'oblong' blocks, but now I realize that the game felt a lot more blocky than it did in its present period because of those limitations, and orignally, I had a table with doors as the backs and a fence and slab for the table, but now I realize that the stairs and full blocks work especially well as 'blocky', just like Notch originally imagined. Though my previous design would still be useful for grand settings, admittedly.
LuminousLCDLord
Noob
Noob
Okay, here's my deaths and close calls:
Spoiler:
My first (and one of only) deaths; I ran into lava, and knew I couldn't live, though I was smart enough to dig into an area so I could at least die without my stuff falling into lava. I would have a picture of the death site, but I couldn't find the exact location as of this date, so here's a similar location:

What a nice view, but unfortunately, this would've led to my downfall; and probably the first time I've lost my stuff. That would've been bad. I was lost and stuck on the mountain top, and had to survive the night up there. Not until later that next day that I found where I pillared up, and got down from there. That was nervewracking...

I was not watching my back, and with me in a tough spot, that's how I lost my life to a creeper while trying soo hard to work on my advanced switch system. (which I got back to, but gave up on moments later for a simplier system.)

Oh, and speaking of creeper explosions, although this is not related, here's an early screenshot of a creeper hole that really messed up my pond. (which I got rid of for a nicer lawn moments later.)
Next up, spectacular sights!
LuminousLCDLord
Noob
Noob
Now, here are some spectacular sights I've seen along the way. (I've yet to find more, but I'm kind of considering exploring.)
Spoiler:
What a beautiful mountain, reminds me of the mountains in Hiawassee Georgia.

WHAT a nice cove, you can't get that past 1.7.3! Perfect place for building beach life.

Hmm... That's a good sign. Always like it when Christianity leaves its mark in Minecraft. And that black sun fits the scene perfectly! (It was really nighttime. lol)

What a beautiful ice river, teaming with winter sealife; at least I thought it was. I'll admit that to this day, I'm still wondering about that 'river', whether it's really a river or a closed-off water body - or even just a pond for all I know of! I still couldn't find it, so my guesses will just have to make do until then. lol

I was never expecting this in my world; it's amazing what beta 1.7.3 Minecraft can do.

Look at that cave; not as spectacular, but it just proves how amazing they can be even before beta 1.8.

I haven't even mentioned the nether yet; pretty cool, but my Block Game texture pack would make this look even cooler. (I actually mined that glowstone out to your left, so it's wasn't completely original. I'll show a pic of me mining that in the next episode.

Oh, and a bonus image? The minecraft song came in, and it really warmed my heart. I'll never forget it.

Story of my life; it's awesome.
Next up, I'll be showing y'all my buildings and their construction from time to time. Adios!
LuminousLCDLord
Noob
Noob
Now, I don't really have much in terms of my next episode, but it should be enough, and move stress (upon moving to another house) was why I haven't posted yesterday, and the server had problems, so that's also why I didn't do it earlier.

Anyways, here's some of all my buildings, with some of them showing their construction over time. Keep in mind: not all of them show their full interiors, which I'll show in a future episode.
Spoiler:
I've actually got ceiling lights in the modern house as well as the hilltop one.

Nice atmosphere in there, baby.

But first, I had to gather glowstone! I've decided to have them level with the ceiling instead of one block up for a glass block, because it looked nicer at the time, but now I'm kind of considering the other way around, especially since I'm also considering switchable lights instead.

And here's the glowstone I got - my first!

This was part of my track switch system which allowed for the driver to stop and it would give them 2 seconds to switch routes, after which it would propel them along. I've decided to abandon that in favor of a manual switch system, but it was fun working with redstone that day.

Now, I'm getting tired of posting buildings, so here's a sneak peak at newbie town's construction, with my diamond shovel with not much energy left from shoveling all that snow for my modern house!
Next up, a quick look at some more spectacular sights, and later, the making of my modern house pool, which I'm still impressed by. As well as the nameplates for two of my houses.
LuminousLCDLord
Noob
Noob
Here's a quick look at some spectacular sights. (Actually, I'm going to leave this entire episode to one area in Tinyland that really interested me for its scenery.)
Spoiler:
I've been exploring part of this area and already, it looks to be quite awesome.

More of the area...

Already, a beautiful formation; you can't get that in newer versions!

Not one of the better formations imo, but it just shows the beauty of pre-beta 1.8 terrain generation.
Next up, the making of my modern house pool.
I was considering a little break from posting, since I have too many screenshots, but I don't really know yet.