Gunpoint

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
RooksBailey
Noob
Noob
Well, this was an unexpected surprise. I saw this was on sale over at Steam for something like $2.50, so I gave the demo a try because I've heard nothing but good things about it. And, yeah, I have to say this is the best little game I ever played! The humor is very funny, the cool jazz soundtrack is fantastic, and the gameplay itself is lots of fun and very clever. I even love how the dev nailed the "noir" setting by having missions take place during a dark and stormy night (too many movie directors and game devs don't understand that you can't have a proper noir feeling without a rainy night - see Blade Runner). 8) The only real negative I see so far is that I heard the game is only like 20 missions - about 3-4 hours. But they just added Steam Workshop support so this should add some longevity to the game.

Highly recommended!

The changes that came with the new 2.0 version:
New engine, implemented by Abstraction Games. Should fix many technical issues and make the game run faster for everyone, and it’ll enable us to develop Mac and Linux versions next.

Steam Workshop added, for browsing and sharing user-made levels. Yes, we listened to the 1,779 post petition you guys started even after we’d already announced we would do it.

Option to turn off swearing. Up to you whether this makes “Grow a ####ing #### and shove it up your ###” kid-safe.

Reconfigurable keyboard controls.

Vertical sync option. I didn’t know we needed this, but the folks at Abstraction added it and now the animation is at least 23% more beautiful.

Level editor. The level editor has been in there since launch, but some people still ask for one so I’m just going to keep announcing I’ve added it until everyone knows it’s there.

You can now place multiple elevators in a level without it crashing. That’s more than I could do when I was making the game, so I expect your levels to be at least twice as good as mine.

If you have any technical troubles with the new version, you can still use the old one by going to Properties > Betas and selecting ‘oldversion’. Post your issue on the forums too, so we can fix it.
"Zerg... they plump when you cook 'em." – Starcraft II Firebat
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
It's easily one of my favorites. Concise, well rounded, funny, and highly entertaining overall.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
RooksBailey
Noob
Noob
Did you ever get the "Alright, have one! Just stop it!" achievement for beating a guard senseless? :lol: I got it by accident when I was punching a guy and I started to see funny comments at the bottom of the screen. As soon as it said "You know, there isn't an achievement for this" I made it a point to keep punching the guy until I got one. :lol:
"Zerg... they plump when you cook 'em." – Starcraft II Firebat
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
There isn't one after that. I quit trying after 150 punches or so.
[Insert witty afterthought here]