so Assassin's Creed III is out

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
will someone please tell me how it is

I JUST

I WANT IT SO MUCH
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
I pre-ordered it for PC. I should get it the 20th, but I'll be in Arkansas when that happens. haha

Looks absolutely fantabulous though.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
As far as Assasins Creed goes, it reminds me of the original.

New character who's not quite as deep or charming as Ezio, some things are stellar while others just don't click, the first few missions are lackluster, but everything looks stellar and freerunning feels UNBELIEVABLE.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Let's face it, man. They just did something right with Ezio and the entirety of the ACII storyline. It's hard to match
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Drewsov
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote:As far as Assasins Creed goes, it reminds me of the original.

New character who's not quite as deep or charming as Ezio, some things are stellar while others just don't click, the first few missions are lackluster, but everything looks stellar and freerunning feels UNBELIEVABLE.
Uh... it doesn't remind me of the original at all.

It's much more consistent than Revelations was.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Drewsov wrote:
ScotchRobbins wrote:As far as Assasins Creed goes, it reminds me of the original.

DREW

IGNORE HIM

TELL ME BOUT THE AWESOME (or lack thereof, or middle-ground, or whatever you think of it)
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
AGREED

DREW

IGNORE ME

TELL ChickenSoup BOUT THE AWESOME (or lack thereof,or middle-ground, or whatever you think of it)
Drewsov
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote:AGREED

DREW

IGNORE ME

TELL ChickenSoup BOUT THE AWESOME (or lack thereof,or middle-ground, or whatever you think of it)
LOUD NOISES
ChickenSoup wrote:
Drewsov wrote:

DREW

IGNORE HIM

TELL ME BOUT THE AWESOME (or lack thereof, or middle-ground, or whatever you think of it)
SOUP I AM WANDERING THROUGH THE STREETS OF BOSTON AND GETTING BLAMED FOR STUFF I DIDN'T DO BUT BEFORE THAT THERE WAS THIS MASSIVE TWIST AND NOW I'M LIKE OMG AND THEN THERE WAS THE WHOLE PART WHERE I MET SAMUEL ADAMS AND WENT WAIT A MINUTE ISN'T THAT THE GUY FROM THE BEER BOTTLES AND IT WAS
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drewsov wrote:
ScotchRobbins wrote:AGREED

DREW

IGNORE ME

LOUD NOISES
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Drewsov wrote: SOUP I AM WANDERING THROUGH THE STREETS OF BOSTON AND GETTING BLAMED FOR STUFF I DIDN'T DO BUT BEFORE THAT THERE WAS THIS MASSIVE TWIST AND NOW I'M LIKE OMG AND THEN THERE WAS THE WHOLE PART WHERE I MET SAMUEL ADAMS AND WENT WAIT A MINUTE ISN'T THAT THE GUY FROM THE BEER BOTTLES AND IT WAS
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
I suppose I'm in the minority here. I think the game is pretty awful and I'm trying to find reasons to not make me feel like an idiot for wasting $90 (I paid for the DLC season pass).

The controls are better, but Connor wall humps, and not wall jumps, far too often. I especially love it when I'm trapped on a log three inches from the ground and I can't get down. I never wanted to be on the log in the first place. I think it's interesting that for a game series that's supposed to be all about stealth doesn't really give you the tools to do it often and well.

Tree assassinations are awesome! Even moreso when you want to do it but the guy you have to kill is in a clearing and you have no way to get to him without being seen and if you're seen you get docked synchronization points and that never ever gets old.

I like that my horse is a vehicle to get me to the sections of the map where it's faster just to run on foot.

I really, really like the blatant political slant being sold as "da truuf" that isn't at all called out for the bull crap it is except when Nathan Drake... er... Desmond Miles powerfully retorts to his Limey pal something along the lines of, "You're just a Debbie Downer."

Connor has the personality of wall paper glue. And why he keeps getting put into key positions is beyond me. He's a nobody. And the games does the thing I hate with any story that features immortal characters (and I know he's not immortal, this is just a comparison): They knew everyone who was awesome and was apart of everything that happened that was awesome. You just never heard of them... because they were so awesome no one thought to write it down. Any of it.

/sarcasm

Naval combat is pretty sweet. I can't be snarky about that. It's a blasty blast.

I am pretty sure I paid $90 for a period checkers simulator when it's all said and done. But I'm having a lot of fun playing checkers, so I can't down it there either.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
selderane wrote:I really, really like the blatant political slant being sold as "da truuf" that isn't at all called out for the bull crap it is except when Nathan Drake... er... Desmond Miles powerfully retorts to his Limey pal something along the lines of, "You're just a Debbie Downer."
Oh, Nolan North? You mean Nathan Drake, Desmond Miles, Edward Richtofen, Hades from the original God of War, the Penguin from Arkham City, and others?
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
ScotchRobbins wrote:
selderane wrote:I really, really like the blatant political slant being sold as "da truuf" that isn't at all called out for the bull crap it is except when Nathan Drake... er... Desmond Miles powerfully retorts to his Limey pal something along the lines of, "You're just a Debbie Downer."
Oh, Nolan North? You mean Nathan Drake, Desmond Miles, Edward Richtofen, Hades from the original God of War, the Penguin from Arkham City, and others?
Yes. My introduction to Mr. North was Uncharted, and series I adore, so that's who I always hear.

Though his work in Arkham City was fantastic. I had no idea it was him, which was great.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Yeah.

Desmond sounds a little like him, he essentially IS Nathan Drake, but the Penguin... no idea it was him.

And my friends at school did say that ACIII is blooming with glitches.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
selderane wrote: Tree assassinations are awesome!
Interesting! How often does the game require you to assassinate trees? :P