Romans

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I sat in the hospital waiting room while a friend of a friend had her kid. The thing I remember most is finally beating the NES Castlevania.

1) Maybe the general issues and battles Christians face in everyday life.

a) The resurrection and new life.

2) Christians, when we are resurrected.

3) The earth and everything in it singing and rejoicing.

4) Freedom of sin, pain, and such. It will be heaven.

5) It's under the slavery of sin, constantly getting worse until Jesus returns. Murder, pain, death run rampant.

6) Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

7) Pain as in childbirth. Creation. Hope for renewal.

a) Broken world. Christians. Hope for resurrection.

b) Our weakness. The Holy Spirit. God's will for us.

8) He intercedes for us, asking God's will for our lives even when we don't.

When I is down, I listens to music and/or pray and/or read my bible and/or find some candy. :D When I have difficulty praying, I try to remember that God loves me no matter what a bumblehead I am, and that He wants what's best for me. And try to shut up and listen.

I'm not sure I've ever really "suffered", but the minor stuff I've gone through I know is not much to compare to heaven and God. I only hope I can keep that attitude when something big hits.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Strangely, flashlights and pocketknives. I could get through any fear if I had one of those, particularly flashlights.

1) The we may be conformed to the image of his son.

2) The calling is a relationship with God.

3) For those He foreknew, He also predestined, and those He predestined, He also called, for those He called, He also justified, for those He justified, He also glorified.

4) That he knew before creation who would be saved.

5) a) If God is for us, who can be against us? Not really anyone or anything.

b) If God gave up even His own son for us, how will He not also give us (and Jesus) all things? He will.

c) Who will call those God has chosen guilty? No one, God justified us.

d) Who is that who condemns? No one who matters. Jesus is interceding for us.

e,f) Who or what shall separate us from the love of Jesus? No one, no thing.

6) Because even though we may fall, Jesus is with us to dust us off and help us fight again.

7) Neither death, nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present, nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation.

To tell us that we are secure in Christ, that nothing can remove us from His presence, nor take away the final victory.

We can trust in Jesus for eternal security because "nor anything else in all creation" includes us.

For me, it would be encouraging, but not necessarily helpful. A better response, I think, would be "God is with you".

The biggest issues for me would be life and the future. Funny, I guess...but...nope, it's funny. XD It's affecting me in that I tend to let my fear of those things get in the way of living, and it eats away at me.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I don't remember any particular object...I guess my parents themselves gave me security. I remember sneaking into their room at night when I had nightmares.

1. God's will
2. Not everyone is chosen or choose to follow and love God.
3. foreknew, predestined predestined, called called, justified justified, glorified
4. God ultimately chose and knows who will believe in Him and follow him
5. If God is for us who can be against us? Nobody!
How will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? He will be gracious
Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? Satan but Christ will mediate for us
Who is he that condemns? Satan
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Nobody
6. With Christ on our side, we have nothing to fear
7. death, life angels, demons present, future height, depth

God chose us and will not leave us or forsake us. God loves us and sent His son to die for us. What can show more love than that? I look to Romans 8:28 for comfort. We can't see the big picture, often when we have struggles there's a blessing to follow. We get closer to God in our struggles. We have to remember Him when things are smooth sailing too. I guess the present, future comparison hit homes with me...I often wonder what he future holds...things are tight now financially...will they be better int he future,what if Jay loses his job? Stuff like that/ I have to let go and let God :)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
*Edit*
Last edited by Chozon1 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think my brother got off easier since he was the 'baby'. I was grounded for a full week when I was grounded for a week, with him it was a few days and "Oh okay you're not grounded anymore" :|

1. the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are
the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ

2. Just because you're jewish doesn't mean you're saved

3. God has His chosen determined before their birth

4. Is God unjust? He is merciful but just. Chosen or not, we all have free will and serve His purposes not our own.

5. Why is it our fault if we're not chosen? Whoa re we to question God or talk back to Him?

6. Even with those who do not love Him, God is patient with them

7. Those who reject Him, those who accept Him

We are chosen by God, He is merciful. Those are tough and good questions, I still find them hard to completely answer but again, who am I to question?! We're all sinners and don't deserve His mercy. He did send His son to die for ALL. This makes me realize how Blessed I am to be considered a child of God. A question for Paul...hmm Why me? ;)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah...I totally did the wrong unit. XD

My parents treated us both equally...then again, I'm the baby of the family. My sister may have words otherwise. :D

1) The adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all,
forever praised!

2) That Israel was God's promised nation, the heirs of the promise.

3) To show that God has chosen us before our births.

4) That God was unjust because he didn't give people a chance to choose, but forced their destinies upon them.

5) "Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."

6) "Why the heck is it my fault if God has chosen to make me fail?"

God is God. He knows us to our very depths before we were even born, because he created us. Like clay, he molds us each into different people. Some into Ming dynasty vases, some into ceramic flower pots. What if he had to make the flower pot to show the true beauty of the vase, and to show the work he put into it?

7) Because he shows those He has saved the riches and depth of his mercy.

8) Those who refuse His salvation, and those who chose to accept it.

I think Paul is trying to demonstrate that God is God, and salvation rest entirely with Him. Not a single thing we can do can save us.

That God will never do anything unjust, but He is sovereign, and his choices will be what happens.

I'm uncertain what I would ask Paul...Probably what it felt like to Him to be the one who wrote these things under God's direction. I wonder if he knew what his letters would eventually become. XD

I find them satisfying when paired with the rest of the bible. Left alone, they're somewhat frightening I guess.

It's made me grateful that God chose me. I know I had to bow me knee and ask Jesus to save me...but still. I'm happy He loves me that much.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
In general...Me. :D I've lost count of how many times my wallet and keys have gone missing. I only recently found my keys, actually. Other peeps misplace things occasionally, but I'm the worst about it.

1) Jesus is the stumbling stone.

2) The gentiles, who did nothing to earn righteousness, earned it by faith. Whereas the Jews, who strenuously followed the law to earn righteousness, did not.

3) Because they pursued it like they could earn it by themselves, not by faith.

4) They had zeal, but not knowledge. They did not know that righteousness comes from God, not from themselves.

5) The first kind is righteousness that comes from the law. The second is the kind that comes from faith. The difference is that the 2nd kind saves you and is given by God through faith.

6) You cannot earn your salvation by yourself. Jesus died for you, his blood cleanses all sin. All you have to do to be saved is admit that you're a sinner and ask for him to save you, and come into your heart. I 'spose for a Jewish person I would add "The law cannot save you since it only points out what sin is, and that we so obviously fial God's standards. Only Jesus sacrifice can cover our sins."

7) They must hear the message, and they must call upon Jesus to save them.

8) Did they not hear?

A: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."

Did they not understand?

A: God held his hand out to them, and they understood enough to get angry over the fact Gentiles were being saved.

I'd probably say sommat like: "Of course it matters. Does it change anything if I sincerely believe that the hungry shark won't eat me if I jump in with it? Or that all the incorrect answers on my math test are correct? If I'm wrong, I'm getting an F no matter what I believe".

I hope I would be kinder than that though...

Because how can people believe in Jesus if they never hear of Him? That Salvation does not come from us, or from the law, but only Jesus' blood and God's gift of grace. Salvation cannot be earned, only taken like a gift.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I sometimes can't find my purse. I generally have all I need inside it though.

1. They stumbled over Christ putting their faith in their works instead

2. The gentiles had the right idea with faith, Jews had faith in their laws and works

3. Salvation cannot be earned, we don't deserve it

4. They are zealous but they don't know righteousness comes from God

5. Righteousness by law and by faith. The law is literal, there are no limits to faith.

6. Tell a jew that it's not about following laws but by following Christ

7. You have to hear the gospel and respond to it. People need to be sent to preach and inform people about Chirst so they may become followers of Him.

8. Did they not hear? Yes they did, God has sent His son and messengers across the earth. Did they not understand? No, they were just disobedient

I would tell them that the Bible says something different. People need to spread the word in order for people to hear the word. Preach it and believe it. It's not by works but by faith.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Typically, I enjoy spending time by myself. Or in a small group, if requisite.

1) Did God reject His people? No, He has His remnant chosen ahead of time no matter how many turn away.

Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? No, they partially hardened to the full number of Gentiles could be saved, but God can and will "graft them in again" at the right time.

2) Elijah lived in a time where he felt he was the only one in Israel serving God. It got so bad he actually asked God to kill him. But God let him know he was not alone, but God has 7000 men for His name. There is always a remnant in Israel no matter how many have fallen away.

3) They have been chosen by grace.

4) The cultivated olive tree is the nation of Israel, the olive branches are the people. The uncultivated root and branches are the gentiles, and the gentile nations. The branches which have been broken off are the israelites' whose hearts have been hardened. The branches which have been grafted in are the gentiles brought into the nation.

5) Thankful hearts that God has saved us, and perhaps a certain fear.

6) Umm...I'm not really certain I understand the question... I know they were supposed to be a nation of priests, and that eventually they will turn and be saved.

7) Everyone is disobedient, and everyone can receive mercy.

I 'spose respect, love, and generally a sense of awe. :D
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
With kids I'm never alone so going shopping by myself is a bit of a break but hanging out with my friends is nice too. :\

1. No God did not reject His people, they rejected Him! No they didn't stumble beyond recovery, God forgives.

2. Elijah felt alone and in danger. God protected him and had 7,000 that were still faithful even though it seemed that they all abandoner him.

3. Those saved are chosen by God. The rest are blind and deaf tot he message.

4. If the root is holy, so is the rest. The branches grafted in are supported by the root and and made holy as well. As long as Israel and Gentiles are rooted by God's grace they'll be redeemed.

5. Not everyone is grounded and tries to do their own thing. Only faith in God will save us.

6. Not all jews or gentiles are saved, it's not by race but by faith.

7. Christ died for everyone not just the jews

Treat jews like everyone else, they may need to be saved as well.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
When I study my bible, or when I pray. Or when something happens that's so "coincidental" (lack of better word) or awesome that I know it can only have come from God.

1) Not to be of this world, but to be in the body of Christ.

2) To live in a way that shows we trust God, and live for Him, not four ourselves. It's an act of worship because we do it for God. Because He saved us from our sins.

3) Maybe 11: 33-36. It shows that no one has ever given to God that God needs to repay them, or instructed Him, and He is worthy of worship, and praise, and us being "living sacrifices" in our lives.

4) I think it means to stop thinking like the world thinks, and pursuing what the world pursues, but instead thinking in ways God would approve of. Practical ways...Make God and others priority over yourself. Show love to everyone.

It's necessary to renew your mind because, at least in my own life, I get bogged down and bent out of shape if I find myself living like someone God hasn't saved...It happens too often. -_-

5) Not to overestimate ourselves into pride, but not to underestimate ourselves into false humility. To look at ourselves in sober judgment.

6) To show that not everyone has the same gifts, or purpose, but each are necessary to the whole.

7) Using our abilities to glorify God, help others, and that God has given us them to use them to glorify Him, not ourselves. To do what God wants us to do.

8) That we're all connected in one body in Christ.

9) If I had to pick two I would say fit me, I would hope it would be serving and encouraging. But I wonder.

Either way, CCGR has demonstrated leadership, cheerful giving, and encouragement numerous times.

Took me to the end of the study, but I figured out that worship is not just singing, or praying, but also how we live. Our actions, alone and towards others, show love and such...and we are living sacrifices and worship God by that.

I'm afraid to label my gifts because I tend to be prideful and I REALLY don't want to fall into that pit again. I know fear is wrong though...so womphy.

I think the world tries to squeeze and coerce us into believing that our monetary worth, how we look, or having an open enough mind is what's important. In reality, it's none of those things.

The bible is a definite one. I also think other Christians can encourage us. And the Holy Spirit.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I feel close to God when I am worshiping Him in church, reading my Bible or praying to him (not just asking for things but praising Him as well!)

1. Worship God with our bodies, minds and gifts

2. Don't do anything to defile yourself, be pure

3. If we believe in God and listen to His commandments we'll honor Him by remaining pure and righteous. This will in turn set a good example for others.

4. Stop thinking worldly and start thinking eternally. This world is temporary, we have to try and win people over to Christ.

5. Don't be prideful. Be humble and a servant. Nobody wants to be looked down upon. That's a bad witness.

6. Our body is very intricate, each organ plays a vital role that without it we cannot survive. The same goes for the body of Christ. We all have different spiritual gifts that compliment each other.

7. Don't think your gifts are better than some one else's. God uses everyone famous or not.

8. We're here to help each one another to ring glory to God and share the truth.

9. My gifts hmmm...well I know I'm not the best leader but I try. :D I give faithfully and have taught junior high kids before I got involved in church nursery. I consider myself a good teacher..running this site has helped me stay in tune with the youth. ;)

Chozen1 I find you very encouraging...especially in the ask the member section ;) I also like how you kick me in the pants with the Bible study. I used to be the one setting the pace and now you have taken the drivers seat. Good job! :)

Whenever I think of worship singing immediately pops into my mind. It's good to be reminded that there are other ways to worship and honor God.

Media plays a big role in conforming people to worldly views and sins of the flesh.

Hmmm an impediment to serving God. Well I consider this site a ministry I just hope that I stand true and don't compromise with it to please the secular market. Having three kids makes it hard to attend a church Bible study and working a side job doesn't give me much time to spend with God or my kids. :(

The Bible is a good start. Theres a lot of other good books and internet resources out there to feast non as well.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Probably lying. So much starts from a "simple" lie.

1) Loving each other, doing what is right, doing your best to live at peace with others.

2) Sincere love is expressed in actions, not just words or feelings.

3) Being devoted to one another, and honoring others above yourself.

4) Bless those which curse us, do not repay evil for evil, If possible, live at peace with everyone, do not take revenge, if your enemy is hungry or thirsty, feed him or give him drink, and overcome evil with good.

5) I would think it means that, when someone is berating you and falls flat on their face, you help them up and make sure they're OK.

6) The knowledge that struggle helps us to grow, and that what happens after death is far better than any bad that happens during life.

7) Other Christians are family; we should treat them as such. I 'spose it means that if you're lazy and just sponge off people, it wouldn't be right to offer "help" in sharing food and such.

8) The Christian view says to give to all, especially the poor and those unable to pay you back, without expecting anything in return.

9) God will show mercy to those who do the same...He'll also repay for what you do.

10) God's vengeance is justice, and just. Our typically stems from emotions, is fueled by emotions, and comes from a tainted heart.

11) Instead of fighting fire with fire, we should fight fire with water.

I seem to deal with pride and conceit a lot, so...it swells my head and gives me a bad attitude, generally leading me to look down on others and start arguments. I have trouble with pride and conceit...I also have trouble keeping zeal, and living at peace with others. I'd like to think I actually hate evil, and I know I do sometimes. But there are other times, clearly, where I get upset at how I get treated and throw a hissy.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I would stomp out greed. I wonder how many lives that would save.

1. Hate evil, do good, live in peace.
2. True love is self sacrificing love.
3. Put others before yourself.
4. Bless those who persecute us, don't repay evil, live at peace, don't take revenge, feed your enemies if they are hungry
5. Pray for those who hurt or don't understand you. This can be anyone.
6. God is with us no matter what happens to us. He won't forsake us.
7. Hospitality, yes we are to share with everyone who has a need, especially Christians.
8. Not everyone is lacking becase they are lazy. There are many who are victim of circumstances.
9. Do good deeds to those who can't repay you.
10. God will judge not us.
11. Don't take revenge do an act of kindness instead.

With pride and conceit we think of ourselves and not others. We need to think of others and get along with them. I think I hate evil but sometimes find myself to be a little to lenient on the "gray areas". I think I'm joyful, patient and faithful. If someone wrongs me I will be hurt yes, I try to let things rolls off my back but sometimes I fight back. I'm prideful at times and need to pray for humbleness.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Eww. No. No government positions. XD If I was forced though, I'd say a DEA agent. Because they're cool.

1) Submit to the governing authorities, because God established them. The government holds no fear if you do no wrong. Submit to them not only because possible punishment, but also because of conscience sake. Give everyone what you owe them. Be it respect, honor or money.

2) A. There is no authority but what God has established.

B. Rebelling against that authority is rebelling against what God has instituted.

C. He holds the sword of judgment. If you do wrong, it can fall on you.

D. Because of your conscience sake.

E. They give their full time in governing.

3) Money bore the image of Caesar, while humans bear the image of God. Give Caesar what was His, and God what is His.

Obey the government, and be ready to show love whenever you can.

Show people by our obedience that we love others.

But you have to obey God rather than men.

Sometimes you have to disobey the government to do what is right.

4) If the government is wielding the sword of justice in a way that goes against God, it would be wrong to obey.

5) Because the peeps who get our taxes spend their time governing us. We pay them to control us.

6) Honor and respect.

Because when God sets up government according to His will, He gives them power. Going against that can get you killed. But when the government uses that power to fight God, it's OK and even necessary to fight it or disobey it. Even if it get's you kilt. :\ I 'spose it gives Christians a bit of power over who exactly has power over them.

I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to put me on a council of that sort. XD I say it's murdering children because they get in the way. Churches should definitely participate to stop it. I 'spose showing them respect would be the way to treat "normal" people. Be polite, caring, ETC. Giving them honor to their position would be recognizing it, and perhaps calling them by their title. Spitting in their face is a way of showing them I recognize their title, but do not honor it. And would be wrong.

>_>