Romans

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Presidency would be an interesting position to hold. I'd like to take a whack at the nation's debt and spending issues. I know peace int he Middle East is unlikely. :)

1. Submit, Obey, Give what you owe (taxes, respect).

2. God ordained the government. Rebelling does not honor God. Don't do wrong. Taxes ensure government officials get paid.

3. Mark 12:17 Render to the government what is theirs (taxes) Titus 3:1 Obey the government 1 Peter 2:13-17 Submit and honor the government/king in charge Acts 5:29 Obey God rather than man, if God says to obey the government then obey them. If the government says to disobey God, Obey God. Heb 11:31 Have faith in God, not the government

4. Obey God then the government.

5. Taxes keep the government officials paid

6. Respect

Rebelling against the government is snubbing and rebelling against God. It can get you killed. You have to obey God before the government. If the government is against God, you still have to still stand for Him. Be sure to vote for what is right if you have a voice to do so! I would not recommend disobedience to promote a good cause. Two wrongs don't make a right. Even though I didn't vote Obmama into office I have to accept the fact that he's there and give him respect and my submission to his authority as long as his requests don't violate any of God's commandments.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
My neighbors to the east are like a 2nd set of parents to me. My neighbors to the north are my grandparents, my neighbors to the west are just...are. We don't talk to them much. They do play with out horse sometimes. Overall, my neighborly experience has been good.

1) I 'spose the people living near me, but also people in general.

2) Helping people out, or being helped by them. Love.

3) Do not steal from your neighbor, don't withhold from him what is rightfully his, do curse peep's who can't hear, or set up traps for those who can't see to fall over. Fear God. Do not twist what's right, or judge books by their covers. Treat people fairly, and don't go spreading lies. Don't endanger your neighbor, or hate him in your heart, and if he's wrong, tell him up front so you won't be conspiring with him.

Don't lust after what is your neighbors. Be it his wife, house, family pet, or fancy new car.

Don't tell your neighbor to come back later when you have what they're asking for.

4) Paul said the same stuff, but with less words.

5) I think it means we need to pay off all our debts instead of letting them sit and perhaps grow...

6) Because God commands us to love, and because love does no harm to anyone. Jesus said the law hinges upon loving God with all your heart, with all your mind and with all your soul, and loving your neighbor as yourself.

7) It means that everyday brings the return of Jesus closer.

8.1) Because the night is nearly over, and we should live as we would during the day, and that we shouldn't think about how to gratify the flesh but the spirit.

9.1) Becoming complacent in waiting for Jesus; being weighed down by life's slaps to the face, and ice cream shops.

8.2) "Night" being the final days of earth, or maybe the days of fallen earth. "Day" being with Christ in heaven.

9.2) The armor of God. The belt of truth, the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, shoes of the gospel, the shield of faith and the sword of the Spirit. We need them because without them, Christians are helpless, and about as powerful as a marshmallow.

Those debts can be paid off; the debt of love is forever outstanding. Paul had a true idea of love, in that it's not just warm fuzzy feelings or enjoying peoples company. To let Jesus cover me, and protect me, and show who I am...I could be more loving, and selfless. Always could be those.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I get along with our direct neighbors and everyone in the cul-de-sac. WE're pretty quiet and keep to ourselves mostly.

1. Fellow man, anyone in our lives
2. Someone God brought into our life
3. Don't cheat or be dishonest, be considerate to the handicapped, don't bear grudges or take revenge
Don't lie or covert your neighbor's possessions (or spouse!)
Don;t send your neighbor away when you can help now
4. Romans goes hand in had with the previous OT verses
5. We should strive to be debt free so we aren't bound to man but to God
6. If we love our neighbors we won't lie to them ,steal from them, kill them or covert their belongings
7. We're getting closer to Jesus' second coming everyday..we must be ready
8. Be on our best behavior, not do bad things in secret
9. Day dreaming or being on auto-pilot. Jesus is coming, BE READY
10. Things we do publicly, things we do privately
11. God armor to withstand evil and temptation

It's a commitment and costs us. Mortgages and car payments end.
Act and show others that you're a follower of Christ, make it as apparent as the clothes you wear
Self sacrificing love, most love these days is self serving
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
That's a quiz that can lead to awkward if ever there was one. XD

I tend to be a mature responsible person ALL the time. I get afraid of stuff a lot, but God helps me. Gummy candy is stupid addictive to me; equal to or greater than drugs.

1) Someone who doesn't understand the freedom Christ has given us, and still fears messing up in following the law.

2) We've been freed from the law by the death of Christ you weak pansy; we all know idol's are just physical objects and have no power.

Mayhaps, but it's still wrong to eat things sacrificed to false god's and do stuff on Sunday, liberal punk.

3) Because God has accepted us, because God is our Master, and to Him alone we fall or stand, because we don't need to judge others, because God is the judge.

4) When the exercising of that freedom would cause others to stumble; love for others. To cause him to do something he see's as sin.

5) No, because if you see something as sin, you shouldn't do it. If you can't do something by faith, you shouldn't either.

6) Perhaps. You shouldn't let yourself be shackled back under the law again, as Christ has set us free. Especially since most "laws" of that sort are created by humans.

Hmm...I 'spose having to work on Sunday, mayhaps videro games and movies, and keeping certain types of pets. I tend to be one of the weaker ones, so I lean towards not doing it. Bob annoys me, and I fear I would punch his face. O_o Some people have really good reasons as to why they don't drink, aside from simply the way they were raised. I'm the weak guy.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm guessing this is the false statement: I tend to be a mature responsible person ALL the time.

I used to own an iguana
I drive a Camero
I can only tie my shoes with the two loop method

1. Someone who can easily stumble with temptation
Meat-eater to non-meat-eater: Why don't you eat meat?
Non-meat-eater to meat-eater It's unholy, you should not eat that!
3. God accepts us as we are, we should accept each other as well. Especially over trivial stuff.
4. We shouldn't do things that would cause a fellow believer to stumble in their walk with God. If we know someone with a drinking a problem, we shouldn't drink wine in front of them.
5. Yes but not everyone believes that, we should not force our views on them if they are trying honor God
6. When we are trying to set a good Christian example to an unbeliever or when others around us are involved in sin we should depart from them.

baptism methods. Look in the Bible when in doubt. Bob should keep his alcohol opinions to himself and not try to cause others to stumble. Hmmm I'm pretty strong but my boss has me doing stuff I'm not comfortable with and I'm not in the position to tell her to take a hike yet...Not illegal stuff just stuff that can get her in trouble if caught by vendors.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm going to guess the Camero.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I can dream....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I dunno really. I hope to be in college. Maybe have a car and a jaerb.

1) I'm pretty sure you guys are good, and quite able to help each other to learn. Smart too. If my writing sounded strong in some areas, it's only because I wanted to remind you of those points. It's my job, you see, as I have been enabled by Jesus to be a teacher and priest to you guys, the gentiles, and make you a holy offering to God.

2) To preach where the gospel was not known. Maybe so they would know his motivations.

3) God gives grace, God gave the Gospel, God hears our prayers, and acts on them when it is within His will.

Jesus is God, He works through us, the Gospel is about Jesus, Jesus blesses us.

The Holy Spirit sanctifies us, the Spirit empowers us.

4) To be in service to the saints, to visit them and encourage them, to enjoy their company and gather assistance.

To give them a time frame for when he was going to visit, and to to give them time to prepare.

5) That the other Christians in Jerusalem wouldn't think he had done a good job, and that the unbelievers would try to kill him.

Paul loved God and people with an active, sacrificial love. Typically, I think of a professor sitting in a musty library with a tome. Paul knew there might be trouble beforehand, and he treated the Roman believers like brothers. Not particularly. Being unjustly jailed kinda puts a damper on plans...it doesn't surprise me that people would try to hide the truth either. Violently, if possible. I'm not really sure. I know they aren't as good, or big as Paul's, but neither do I want to get rich or famous. Or at least not very famous. I struggle with that. I think the thing that impressed on me most was reading the Jesus Freaks book.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I wonder what a year will bring...Aaron will still be home with me but Kaitlyn will be at school most of the day. So not much on that front. I work a lot with the site and side work so who knows if I'll be working more or less. Hopefully jay is in a better situation job wise.

1. I'm sure you guys are good and knowledgeable and capable of teaching each other. I know I've been giving you guys some tough love but God has been gracious to me. We have to proclaim the message of Christ and be acceptable to God and be sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

2. Paul wants to take the message to those who have not heard, I think he is saying that so others will do the same.

3. God is gracious, Holy, Caring Jesus is in command, unknown by some known and loved by many, gracious. The Holy Spirit sanctifies and is powerful

4. Jerusalem to assist the saints, to bless those in Spain, to check up on the Romans. Paul wanted to see how the seeds he planted were coming to fruition and to give them a heads up and hope for encouragement.

5. Paul has been through a lot and knew he would be in danger and could possibly die.

Paul tells it like it is and does not pull any punches. He's also very encouraging and on fire for the Lord. Paul was pretty humble and self sufficient, for him to ask for prayers that was a big concern for him. After becoming a Christians I'm not surprised that Paul made some enemies there. It's a shame he didn't make it to where he wanted to go but God's will was done in the end and Paul did a lot of preaching for Christ. My biggest accomplishment is this site...I hope to see it grow and plant some seeds in unbelievers. I admire missionaries who go out of their comfort zone to proclaim Christ. I pray that that their spiritual and financial needs are met to continue their work.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think it was the letter from my uncle for my 16th birthday. He sent a knife with it that he'd made from my grandfathers sword. :D

1. That Paul actually cared for individuals, and loved and remembered those he worked with.

2. That originally, it was a letter to specific people for specific needs. Not just some random writing meant to deceive people.

3. They're both encouraging, and they both praise God.

4. Hard work, risking of life, suffering for Christ.

5. To keep away from them.

Smooth talk and flattery.

6. By letting them/us know that God is in control, and will soon crush Satan. And telling how much God loves us.

7. He gives glory to God, praising Him. Because that's how the world will end, and really how we should end everything. In praise and worship.

I think I've gotten to know the bible, and specifically Romans, a bit better. I've also faced some stuff, and I've grown as a believer from it. I also know CCGR wants a Camaro. I think I'm still a bit afraid of talking to others about Jesus, but I know that can be beaten now. I'm actually pretty sad the study is over. I enjoyed it, and I think I learned from it.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
That our mortgage was paid off...of course that was because we refinanced but still I remember how awesome that would be to not have such a huge expense anymore.

1. Very personable, humble and grateful
2. His greetings are very encouraging and uplifting.
3. Hard working, hospitable, bravery
4. Stay away from them
5. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.
6. Remind them that God will overcome satan
7. He ends by requesting that God be glorified and that His message is shared with all unbelievers

I've always enjoyed Romans but I've never dug this deep into it, yeah I've quoted verses from the "Romans road" (5:8, 10:9) but there's a lot more meat to it than those verses.
I really appreciate doing this study with chozon1 and for him taking the lead when I slacked off. I look forward to our next study and I too don't have much guts when it comes to evangelizing but I don't want people going to hell wither..what to do?!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I just evangelized by tweeting and facebooking our new bible study topic
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
You rock CCGR. XD