Our first study topic

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

What should it be?

Fall of man
54%
Free will vs Predestination
8%
Angels
38%
Jonah
No votes
Saul to Paul
No votes
other
No votes

Total votes: 13
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
please vote
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
I kind of want to do Angels because I've never studied them in depth.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
BOwen
Noob
Noob
I see no reason why we can't do more than one at a time. Unless I'm the only one planning on running something?
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo

http://www.brentowen.com
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
BOwen wrote:I see no reason why we can't do more than one at a time. Unless I'm the only one planning on running something?
I actually think we should do topics one at a time. There's more focus and depth. You don't have sermons on multiple topics do you? Not at all.
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
BOwen
Noob
Noob
That's the beauty of a forum format though. You could have 10 threads going and anyone can take them at their own pace. But I see your point to the extent that people like to have just one thing to think about at a time. I did throw some biggies out in the suggestions. :)

Though I've of a mind that if a lot of people are intimidated by a topic then that's all the more reason to do it.

I personally went with free will because I think it's very fundamental in understanding just how God works, it ties into rules governing angels and it's one of the key principles that makes prayer so important. If people struggle with the idea of predestination I think that's pretty serious.

That being said, I'd totally get into Angels too (I did suggest it after all), I just think free will is more foundational (for lack of better phrasing)
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think one at a time would be easier to manage but we can do a different topic a week etc?
BOwen
Noob
Noob
How about this.. let's say start out with one or two and see how it goes.. if it's too much we can keep it at one at a time, if people want to do more we can?

When we feel we've exhausted a topic someone should post a summary for late comers.

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Angels seem pretty good. I've never studied them in depth either.

Free Will seems to tough to start on.
BOwen
Noob
Noob
Nah the basics of free will is pretty cut & dry really, particularly when you figure out just what predestination would mean. It's just understanding the full implications of it.. just how deep it goes is really quite astounding when you think about it.

sparquay
Noob
Noob
I'm up for any of it. I can give my thoughts on any of those topics really. I'll try to be as concise and Biblically based in any of my comments. I had to take a peak at what was currently most voted for though.
-If life hands you llamas, make ponchos.

-I imagine Jesus walking into a home and leaving the door open.
When the guest asks in frustration, "What's the matter with you? Were you born in a barn?"
He simply replies, "Yes I was."
BOwen
Noob
Noob
heh I'm definately biased on free will, I'm the only one who voted for it but you can't avoid it with the other topics either.

So which brave soul is going to start? Or is it me? :D

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Could flip a coin, Or maybe see if there are pre-written christian studies to get us going.

Just a thought.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
This sounds like it could be made of win

chalk me down for Fall of Man
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
looks like Angels is winning