Suggestions?

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
let's hear them
BOwen
Noob
Noob
:D

Free Will,
Angels
Ephesians 6

For starters..
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo

http://www.brentowen.com
sparquay
Noob
Noob
Oh dear... you're sure going for the "easy" ones aren't you? Uh...for angels and Ephesians 6 (which I imagine you're referring to "enemies that are not flesh and blood"*) I would recommend "Seeing the Unseen" by Joe Beam. It's really good about describing Spiritual Warfare from the Bible's perspective.
Oh wait... this is Suggestions, not answers...

*highly paraphrased
-If life hands you llamas, make ponchos.

-I imagine Jesus walking into a home and leaving the door open.
When the guest asks in frustration, "What's the matter with you? Were you born in a barn?"
He simply replies, "Yes I was."
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Hrm...Maybe something a lot easier to get started.
BOwen
Noob
Noob
Actually free will is pretty easy. :)

I have a special interest in angels and spiritual warfare as there are a couple of games I'd like to get made with spiritual warfare as a central theme and I want to get it right.

I'm also particularly annoyed at how angels are frequently misrepresented and there's a lot most of us still don't know about them.. I just think it's a fascinating topic. :)
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Free Will has been debated since the beginning of time, or nearly. It really isn't that simple.

For example: the Bible says that people have destinies. If your destined to do something, how can you have free will?

Oh yeah, it could get deeper.
SpartanOmega
Gamer
Gamer
Location: since you see this post.... I'm probably at my computer.
Chozon1 wrote:Free Will has been debated since the beginning of time, or nearly. It really isn't that simple.

For example: the Bible says that people have destinies. If your destined to do something, how can you have free will?

Oh yeah, it could get deeper.
You can still have free will and a destiny at the same time, just because you are destined to do something does not take away the fact that you chose to do it.
"Always tell of God's love. If necessary, use words"- St. Francis

Kudos: 35
sparquay
Noob
Noob
So really you're discussing Predestination as a opposed to complete Free Will.

From what I read and study, I'm certain that God has predestined all of us for heaven. But most of us have rejected him so that we can shape our own future. We are given a choice and the predestination that Paul talks about in several letters is actually what God has desired for us. When they use words like the Elect or the Chosen... everyone is chosen, it's a matter of who is choosing Him back.
-If life hands you llamas, make ponchos.

-I imagine Jesus walking into a home and leaving the door open.
When the guest asks in frustration, "What's the matter with you? Were you born in a barn?"
He simply replies, "Yes I was."
BOwen
Noob
Noob
It really IS pretty simple, it's the confusion that makes it seem complicated, and the fact that it is at the center of a lot of other topics.

Free will is one of those things that if you struggle with it then you're going to have issues you need to work out.

This thread however isn't the place for this discussion. I'll start something soon, so please hold further comments until then. Let's try to keep this thread for what it's supposed to be for, suggestions for topics.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I guess we need a poll thread with what the topic should be?
BOwen
Noob
Noob
I think we should just do what we feel moved to do. Unless we're planning on assigning topics?

karatekid1200
Noob
Noob
The rapture!
A man reaps what he sows.