Is anyone unsure if they know Jesus as lord and savior

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
lukee123321
Noob
Noob
Salvation only comes from knowing Jesus are you sure you are saved?
Foxwick
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I have accepted Jesus into my life when I was about 8 or 9. From then I see my self growing in the Lord, and glorifying God in all I do. I'm also getting baptized soon! :D
Phlipians 4:1, Therefor my brothers, whom I love and long for, my join and crown. Stand firm, thus in the Lord, My beloved
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
congrats on the upcoming baptism!
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
lukee123321 wrote:Salvation only comes from knowing Jesus are you sure you are saved?
There are people who "claim" they are christians, but do you seek him with the words you say? You can physically "say" you are a christian, but what defines you from you from the world. God never said being a christian was hard, in fact, at my high school we were praying over the sports, and teachers, one girl didn't go because she didn't want to be defined as a "christian" and have people have a different outlook on her. You really want a shear sign that your "saved"? Spend time in scripture not just reading, but understanding what your reading and how it may apply to your life. Secondly don't just say you going to do it, DO it! You can't expect God to make the change for you! Same apply if your doubting your faith!

Thanks
Woiv
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o CCGR forum moderator.
Foxwick
Minecraft Server Admin
ccgr wrote:congrats on the upcoming baptism!
Thanks!
Phlipians 4:1, Therefor my brothers, whom I love and long for, my join and crown. Stand firm, thus in the Lord, My beloved
WisteriaWillows
Noob
Noob
I made a profession of faith when I was 7. I was sincere. I remember the prayer, alone, kneeling on my bed.
No change.
I was baptized when I was 9.
No change.
I rededicated my life when I was 15.
Stopped cursing.
I turned over a new leaf when I was 24.
Temporary change. Lots of teaching in Sunday school and VBS.

Sin slipped back in and there was no real change.

When I was 36, I was actively destroying my own family. I didn't think I was living for myself, but I was. I knew I was sinning, but I didn't care, and TBH, I couldn't imagine that God cared either. Prayer was nonexistent, and I was really tired of the ritual of going to church.
There was one night in January of 2000, when I prayed one last time, "God, if You don't want me to do this, then You'll have to change things, because I'm committed." That was right at 10:00 pm. I went to sleep, and woke up in the morning about 6:00 am.

I checked my email first thing. My circumstances had completely changed over night, and my commitment to sin was null and void.

Repent means to turn away from sin and to God. Understand this: I did not repent. God repented me. He demonstrated that He cared about me and about what I was doing. He changed everything, and He changed me.

God changed my marriage, my relationship with my children, my temperament, everything.

Sometimes a fleeting doubt will flutter through my mind about salvation, and whether or not I am really saved, or is this simply another cycle of sin, rinse, repeat. But now, every time that thought comes, I remember that moment, and I remember the change that came over me. I am a new creature. I am not the same.

I'm not recommending that you pray the snotty, self-absorbed prayer that I did, but it's okay to be honest with God. He's big enough and strong enough and mature enough to handle whatever you throw at Him.

Wist