Elton John and the Jesus Who Stood For Nothing

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Elton John recently gave an interview and in it implied that Yeshua would be okay with homosexuality (and other progressive ideas). Because, you see, Yeshua was all about forgiveness and inclusiveness.

Forgiveness, yes. Inclusiveness? No, not really.

And that's the fundamental mutation of Yeshua that exists within the mainstream that needs to be vigorously resisted. I'm compelled to ask non-believers who harp on the fact that Yeshua preached forgiveness, "Forgive what, precisely?" In this post-Christian world the West is stepping into sin doesn't seem to exist.

Sir Elton also seems to forget that there cannot be forgiveness without repentance; the changing of one's ways. The forgiveness Yeshua offered came with a string. To receive it you had to change. "Go, and sin no more," Yeshua said to the adultress.

Yahweh's grace demands that we transform from what we were into a new being. That's what "born again" means. But Sir Elton's Yeshua doesn't expect us to be born again, nor does he demand change in the lives of the people who seek forgiveness.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Very true there's a great quote from Voltaire saying God created mankind in His image and they returned the favor.
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Yeah. I've known a few people who come to the faith who look suspiciously the same after as they did before. I failed to inquire what then the point was.

I had a "Catholic" friend who neglected his faith (I sincerely doubt he was anything more than a cultural Catholic) because of Pope Benedict teachings. Again, I failed in my duty to inquire what the point of having a Pope was if you were just going to pick and choose whose Apostolic authority you submitted to.

I am very bad with the follow up questions.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
Wildebear
It's a harsh reality of post-modern Christianity.
“Conquer yourself rather than the world.”
― René Descartes
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
What I got from Elton John's interview was he is acknowledging that homosexuality is a sin. But since "Jesus is all about love," God will forgive the sin. And I'm not saying that homosexuality is the greatest of sins. Sin is sin. The continued practice of any sin without repentance, without trying to stop it, will disqualify an entrance to Heaven.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
The problem is that it's a lot easier to sit back and focus on the forgiveness part as a way of excusing one's self from living up to the standard the Savior set for us. I'm incredibly guilty of that myself, but I try to mitigate it by being aware of it, at least, and I certainly wouldn't try to excuse myself to others with it.

Elton John's perspective essentially makes personal behavior irrelevant, as it removes all consequences for unrepentant sin.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ZiggsTV
Noob
Noob
Very much agree with this post. Of course Jesus taught love and forgiveness but he is by his very nature completely holy! You cannot separate the love and feel good from the holiness or you are preaching a lie. Many a preacher is making large dollars doing exactly this though. I was listening to a sermon by John Piper this morning and he was talking about how if the world loves us we should inspect our lives very closely for where we went wrong because the bible teaches that Christians will not be loved but that we will be outcast from the world because they hate the light.