this original post got lost as outdated I think.
Our Bible study is still going on every Sunday.
Next Sunday we are starting a new section on creation and evolution. We will look in detail how science and the Bible are not in conflict, but also how there are a lot problems with evolution that you were never told in school. We will give all different points of view a fair representation, but in the end will see which one is most reasonable to belief.
Hope to see some of you join.
PS: here is the original announcement:
You are hereby invited to the "Defenders" class!
(Not a sermon class, but a get-all-your-questions-answered class)
Sun 7pm-8:30pm EST / 4pm PST @ Teamspeak3 server CGAlliance.org, no password, channel "Defenders" class - Sun 7pm ET
“Defenders” Class Summary
”Always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you. However, do this with gentleness and respect” 1 Peter 3:15 HCSB
Three Class Purposes
1) To train Christians to understand, articulate, and defend basic Christian truths
2) To reach out with the Gospel to those who have not yet come to know Christ
3) To be a heart-warming fellowship of mutual encouragement and care
… what the church believes and teaches
… to provide rational reasons for the truth of Christianity’s claims
1. Foundations of Christian Doctrine & Apologetics (What it is, Why to study it)
2. Doctrine of Revelation (Authority, General & Special Revelation, Biblical Inerrancy, Bible Canonicity)
3. Doctrine of God (Knowing God, Self-Existing, Eternal, Omnipresent, Immutable, Immaterial, Omniscient, Holy, Loving)
4. Existence of God (Leibnitz argument from Contingency, Kalam Cosmological Argument, Teleological Argument from Fine-tuning, Moral Argument from Absolute Moral Values, Ontological Argument, Properly Basic Belief, Problem of Suffering)
5. Doctrine of the Trinity (One God, Three persons: Father Son Holy Spirit, History of Explanations, Possible Model)
6. Doctrine of Christ (Deity and Humanity of Christ, History of Explanations, Possible Model)
7. Doctrine of the Holy Spirit (Deity, Personhood, Role in Salvation, Ministry to believers)
8. Doctrine of Creation (6 Days and/or not, Evolution and/or not, Reasons from Physics + Chemistry + Biology)
9. Doctrine of Man (Made in God’s Image, Where we come from, Why are we here, Where we go when we die)
10. Doctrine of Salvation (How Jesus’s death can be a substitute payment for our own guilt penalty)
11. Doctrine of the Church (The role of believers as the body of Christ)
12. Doctrine of the Last Things (Jesus Second Coming, Resurrection of the Saints, the New Heaven and Earth)
Christian Doctrine and Apologetics in general
Outlines and Podcasts of most class material