I apologize for missing a week.
The parable of the Leaven
1. I think Jesus was continuing his teaching on the sea shore; I think this was when he was about to leave of the other side of the lake.
2. Yeast that a woman worked into a large amount of flour until it was worked through the whole piece of dough.
3. It was, as far as I understand it, yeast. Yeast generally floats around everywhere, and if you leave bread dough alone long enough, it'll get "infected" by it and become a dough "starter".
4. It grows and spread throughout the dough like a virus or fungus, feeding off of the flour and "burping" Co2 bubbles.
5. Teachings; in this case, Jesus' teachings.
6. God, I think. Since only he can cause us to grow.
7. Into a large amount of flour; the amount of people that would hear and respond to the message?
8. That it spreads from a very small amount into a very large lump of dough.
9. Basically, the same way now as it does then. Except we can use chemicals to make the burps instead of yeast. But it grows and feeds and infects the grains of flour until the whole lump of dough is filled.
10. Because it is everywhere, and you will get infected by it; which kind is your choice. It also fills you up completely.
To watch what I listen to, since it can majorly affect me; probably without me even knowing it.