Time for another Bible Study

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Who wants in?

Should it be book or topic based?
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Topic based.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I'm OK with topic based. I liked the book based ones, but no complaints against switching it up.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I want in. I wanted to join in before but by the time I found out about it most of you were close to finishing it. :)

Topic based.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
How about Naphtali? Can that be our topic? :?:
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
the trick is finding a good (free) Bible study that covers Naphtali
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I didn't look very hard, but a quick Google showed no studies for him. Info, sure, but not an outlined study guide. I looked on Padfield too, and found nothing.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Dunno how Deadman feels, but I like that one. I like the format of the questions.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I like it. :)
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Naphtali can be found in the book of Genesis during the time when Jacob (later named Israel by GOD) was married to Rachel and.....and......the girl who "had nice eyes". I forgot her name.

I think Naphtali would be a good Bible Study topic because I think it will clear up some things and remind people of the fact that Jesus died for them.

Genesis 30:1-8

Joseph Prince (if you know him) said that Jacob loved Rachel because she was beautiful in form. But please take note that God was mentioning her OUTER APPEARANCE, something the Pharisees we're pretty good at working on. Now this is the crazy part. Leah (THAT'S HER NAME. THAT'S RIGHT) was the girl who "had nice eyes". When God saw that she was ignored, she opened her womb and Rachel got mad because God opened Leah's womb instead of her's. So she got mad and took it out on Jacob, and then- just like Abraham when he got tired of waiting on God and listened to Sarah and slept with Haggar and had Ishmael by her- she got her servant to sleep with Jacob and TRIED to keep up with Leah for the affection of her husband.

By this action Naphtali was born, and she named him that "because she fought for the affection of her husband and won".

I wonder how hard it must've been for Naphtali, a name/person/biblical character that is rarely mentioned in the Bible (at least I think he is) being born in a place where people have to compete for affection.............

A perfect reminder of why Jesus died...........

― Criss Jami
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
there are many translations on Leah's eyes ranging from tender, delicate to weak

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cf ... JV#vrsn/17

The majority seem to be in favor of the parables which should not be too long of a study..if you can find a good Genesis bible study that's free I'm open to doing that one next. Cool?
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Sure.

― Criss Jami
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Also, we tried the whole 'read the passage in study and post your thoughts' thing, and it just turned into a weekly 'well that was a nice passage see you next week' type thing. :lol: