Question!

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Captain_Kim
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
My question: Since Adam and Eve gave birth to Caine and Abel how would they get married and have children?
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
I'd take a second to ask yourself if you really want the only logical solution to that question.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Captain_Kim
Noob
Noob
........ Wow thanks for pointing that out for me.....
mebmatt
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Adam and Eve lived to be serveral hundred years old and had way more children than just Caine and Abel. And at that time sisters had to marry brothers.
I tried being normal once. Worst five minutes of my life.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Yup mebmatt is right,
You can even read about it in Genesis 5.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
what mebmatt said
Captain_Kim
Noob
Noob
Oh thanks guys for answering my question! :D
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I don't want to start an overextended debate, but according to literalistic readings of the Bible, Seth was born when Adam was 130, which means Cain was exiled shortly before. Was this enough time for Adam and Eve to create multiple villages in the land of Nod (Genesis 4:16). Maybe, if the women were consistently pregnant and kicking out twins and triplets.

The answer to this question isn't so straightforward, but the commonly accepted answer is that there was incest and a lot of it. But you know, it was "okay" since God didn't make a law about it yet. Of course, God didn't make a law about murder yet, either...
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
brandon1984
Gamer
Gamer
ArchAngel brings up good points.

I hold a non-literal interpretation of a large portion of Genesis. I don't believe that Adam and Eve existed as real people. They were part of a creation myth and were archetypal expressions of giving into temptation that each of us experience.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Well,
I feel like you left out the big possibly that Adam and Eve had daughters after Cain and Abel were born.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Oh, it's just about undoubtedly the case that they did.

What I did leave out was that the explanation that incest wasn't a problem back then was that their genetics were created perfect, with no flaws, that inbreeding would result in the genetic mutations as we see today.
(If you didn't know, and brandon can probably correct me if I'm wrong, is that genetic anomolies show up for children of inbreeding is because that their genetic code is so similar, that any recessive genetic anomoly is more likely to come out.)
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Drewsov
CCGR addict
brandon1984 wrote:ArchAngel brings up good points.

I hold a non-literal interpretation of a large portion of Genesis. I don't believe that Adam and Eve existed as real people. They were part of a creation myth and were archetypal expressions of giving into temptation that each of us experience.
Don't say those things 'round here... Some of the locals have spears. :o

But seriously, everyone gets mad at me because I have some views of the Bible that are less than literal. Like the one you just expressed.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drewsov wrote:

Don't say those things 'round here... Some of the locals have spears. :o

But seriously, everyone gets mad at me because I have some views of the Bible that are less than literal. Like the one you just expressed.
I wouldn't say that; the conversations I've seen have been civil. Now if he tried to force it down our throats...but I doubt that will happen :)
Skogkatt
Noob
Noob
God hadn't "made" a law for murder but murder was still a sin even before the tenth comandments.
The wage of sin is death thus how could insect be okay because there was no law?
The children still wouldnt come out right. God does not change or flicker. He is was and will be the same forever.
So insect could not possibly have been okay and then not okay. There has to be some other explanation.
God could have made other ppl too after Adam and Eve. Just a thought.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that.

Martin Luther
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict

you hold a non literal interpretation of everything
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested