A Study of Personal Evangelism

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Characteristics of a Successful Personal Worker

I need more zeal..interesting suggestion, not sure how to have people experience hell for 5 minutes. :\

I firmly believe in my salvation and try to walk according to God's will, not perfect (see I'm humble!), but i try. I need to pray more.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
The Example of the Forth Chapter of John

I agree, I get caught up in material things too...games in particular.

The biggest stumbling block for me I think is lack of confidence.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
The Example of Phillip.

I've never run up to someone eagerly ready to tell them the truth. :| No excuses though, as I can't think of one that doesn't wither into dust. I also find it hard to do God's will sometimes. Even though I know it's the right way, the way I need to follow, and the way that ends the best, there's a part of me that just doesn't want to go through 'the work' of it. I do need to be more like Phillip, who instantly obeyed God (even when it meant leaving success and blundering down a road) and actually looked for a way to spread the gospel, instead of waiting for a magic moment to fall from the sky.

Now the part of actually trying. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Mmm...it occurs to me that I waste a lot of my time. At least according to the study. But I don't know how to fill it with better things. And really, I'm not sure I agree with him again. Literature that he and other people would probably consider empty or vapid has taught me valuable things.

I know I need to use my time better, but the first thing that pops into my head upon hearing that is 'stop wasting time by doing anything fun'. Fun being games, reading, listening to music or watching TV. Even just sitting and chatting with people. But I can't live that way...maybe I'm just worldly and need to work on it, but if I do live that way...life loses it's flavur and I get very grumpy.

I dunno. I seem to be rather lost at the moment. Need to do better, but don't know how.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
The example of Phillip

I agree that we have to be urgent with our spreading the good news, who is to say when it will be last time we see someone. Too much "I'll do it next time". We have to preach Jesus, not feelings and opinions. We need ot be more like Phillip, obedient and not glory seeking but God serving.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
The question I have is...why is it so hard for me (or even Christians as a group, if I'm not alone in this) to be courageous? So I may get slapped down and yelled at as being a backward, ignorant punk that's intolerant of others--Jesus was killed. Paul was killed. Dozens, hundreds, and thousands have been killed over their faith in God, and an equal number have triumphed over their foes by God's hand. I haven't even resisted to the point of a stubbed toe, and the worst that can happen (in this country, at the present date) is a long drawn out argument and a lame attitude. So any excuse of 'well, it's hard for me to be courageous when facing someone because they may yell at me or suck me into a long drawn out argument' seems so pathetic I can't even bring myself to say it. :|

More, God is with me. There is no possible, logical or reasonable purpose to be afraid or uncourageous.

I also mightily identify with 'He cannot be courageous unless he knows he is doing right'. Self doubt has caused me to waver and fall a stupid amount of times.

The point is...I'm an idjit if I sit and shake in fear begging for comfort and closing my eyes to the fact that, by His presence alone, I have no reason to fear.

Pretty good study, overall. I prefer ones with actual Q&A sheets though. Easier for me to learn.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Time Management for the Christian

Most of my time is spent with my kids. No regrets there. I want them to be Christ followers but I also want other family members and friends to be as well. I don't gossip or consider myself lazy, perhaps I spend too much time gaming? Hard to find a balance since I do run this Christian gaming site that I want to be Christ centered which is why I'm trying to do this Bible study, 3DS bible verse exchange and so on..I'm trying...but I still need more boldness. I have Turn Turn Turn stuck in my head...(Ecc 3:1-8)

Although I know I need to pray more, I do read the Bible every night unless I'm to tired to do so (rare).
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Developing Courage

besides needing boldness the other take away is that as Christians we DO need to build each other up more, we're better at ripping people a new one than lifting their spirits up.