Rules for Posting Deals

Post good gaming deals and arrange for game trades here. No discussions! When trading use traceable services. CCGR is not responsible for bad trades.
If linking from cheapBUTTgamer.com just use abbreviation CAG.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
In addition to the ability to make deals directly with other forum members, this section is also meant to allow you to share any amazing deals you have found in sale ads or on the internet. The rules for posting these deals are pretty simple:

Rules
  • Be precise in your information.
    If a store is running a buy-one-get-one-half-off sale, please be clear in the conditions for the offer. Do not simply say that "There's a store selling games half off right now."
  • If possible, give links.
    Since most deals you will be sharing can be found on the internet, link to the actual deal.
  • Share the running time of the deal.
    Because most deals have a beginning and end, please be clear on when the deal is available.
  • Only share deals available to other members.
    If a friend gives you a discount at a gaming retailer, that isn't an available a deal for the rest of us. Also, please do not use this part of the board for sharing your lucky finds (local clearance items, yard sales, thrift shops, etc.). An example of the kind of post to avoid is something like this: "I found Final Fantasy VII at Goodwill yesterday! Awesome!" If, however, as SSquared suggested, you come across a one-time-only deal that you would be willing to help others get, then feel free to share information on that kind of deal as well. Example: Target is has an item on clearance that you buy on someone else's behalf, then ship it to that person.
  • Call it CAG.
    A popular gaming deal website that you may feel the need to link to is called cheap---gamer. If you do link, or refer, to this website, please refer to it by its abbreviation: CAG.

If any other rules seem necessary, or if you think these rules need revision, please feel free to say so below. Otherwise, happy bargain hunting!
Last edited by Kendrik on Sun May 25, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SSquared
> Also, please do not use this part of the board for sharing your lucky finds

Can you explain what this means? Are you saying if we BUY the game for ourselves? What if I find a good bargain and want to find out if anyone is interested in maybe me getting it for them? Are you saying that is OK or not OK?
Kendrik
CCGR addict
SSquared wrote:> Also, please do not use this part of the board for sharing your lucky finds

Can you explain what this means? Are you saying if we BUY the game for ourselves? What if I find a good bargain and want to find out if anyone is interested in maybe me getting it for them? Are you saying that is OK or not OK?
Thought thought of offering to buy a gaming item locally in that one-time-offer fashion hadn't even occurred to me. I suppose that sort of thing would be just fine (and even appreciated) by members here.

What was originally meant, and I suppose I should give this example in the original post, is that this isn't the place to say, for example, "I picked up the SuperNES Mega Man X 3 at Goodwill for $8!" (True story, though.)

I apologize if that isn't much more clear. I'm really tired, and can try again in the near future if need be.

EDIT/UPDATE: I tried to clarify this in the main rules post.
Last edited by Kendrik on Sun May 25, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SSquared
Great. That's what I was hoping you meant. I often run across great deals that I am not personally interested in, but others may.
jester747
Forum Moderator
Kendrik wrote:In addition to the ability to make deals directly with other forum members, this section is also meant to allow you to share any amazing deals you have found in sale ads or on the internet. The rules for posting these deals are pretty simple:

Rules
  • Be precise in your information.
    If a store is running a buy-one-get-one-half-off sale, please be clear in the conditions for the offer. Do not simply say that "There's a store selling games half off right now."
  • If possible, give links.
    Since most deals you will be sharing can be found on the internet, link to the actual deal.
  • Share the running time of the deal.
    Because most deals have a beginning and end, please be clear on when the deal is available.
  • Only share deals available to other members.
    If a friend gives you a discount at a gaming retailer, that isn't an available a deal for the rest of us. Also, please do not use this part of the board for sharing your lucky finds (local clearance items, yard sales, thrift shops, etc.). An example of the kind of post to avoid is something like this: "I found Final Fantasy VII at Goodwill yesterday! Awesome!" If, however, as SSquared suggested, you come across a one-time-only deal that you would be willing to help others get, then feel free to share information on that kind of deal as well. Example: Target is has an item on clearance that you buy on someone else's behalf, then ship it to that person.
  • Call it CAG.
    A popular gaming deal website that you may feel the need to link to is called cheap---gamer. If you do link, or refer, to this website, please refer to it by its abbreviation: CAG.

If any other rules seem necessary, or if you think these rules need revision, please feel free to say so below. Otherwise, happy bargain hunting!
...Kendrik, how are you NOT a mod by now?
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
He was a mod.

He stepped down.
:wink:
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:He was a mod.

He stepped down.
:wink:
History was something like...

Regular member who got involved in a lot of topics and stuff.
Mod who kept up all the time and tried to keep things in order.
Admin who was dedicated to a fault. Went overboard. Disappeared.
Return as a regular member. Got involved a bit.
Return to moderator status since I was acting like a mod... just one who lacked power.
Realized I was too busy with school to be able to commit to moderating with the regularity I thought I needed to... so I stepped down again.
And now... I'm just another member.

I've done a lot to this site (not all of it for the better)... and I've devoted a ton of time to the forum and its members. Now, I do what I can when I can.

Which means... not continuing to derail the topic with my (forum-related) life story. ;) Hit me up in the Conversation thread if you wanna talk. We'll leave this to be the thread for trade rules. ;)