My faith

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Trix_110
Noob
Noob
For the past couple of months I feel like I have been moving away from God and I would like to know what I could do to move onto the right path.

So please help!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Acknowledging and seeking help is a good start! Are you doing any regular Bible reading or reading plans? Do you have an accountability partner? Someone you can talk to about your faith?

Praying for you!
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
ccgr wrote:Acknowledging and seeking help is a good start! Are you doing any regular Bible reading or reading plans? Do you have an accountability partner? Someone you can talk to about your faith?

Praying for you!
ccgr has some really great idea's!! Anyway! My buddy dane has a similar issue! he after his heart surgery he felt the same way.... so his advice was READ Gods words regularly! find some scriptures that will help with that! Do some quiet time with the lord in the morning! :) Be surrounded by fellow christians, not just people who "Say their christians" be surrounded by people who you can tell have the fruit of the spirit! the bible says "People will know you by the FRUIT of the spirit you show! Anyway! as ccgr said I'm glad you recognize this, its a VERY good start! :) :mrgreen:

God Bless,
-Woiv
Trix_110
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:Acknowledging and seeking help is a good start! Are you doing any regular Bible reading or reading plans? Do you have an accountability partner? Someone you can talk to about your faith?

Praying for you!
I am trying to read the bible every day. I have subscribed to a daily devotional and some verse of the day things but I just go past them and leave them for later, for me to then forget about them.

I also have a mentor that comes from my church and my both parents to talk to, plus a couple of friends but sometimes I also don't feel like they need to know about my problems.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
How about picking a good from the Bible and committing to reading a couple of chapters a day. I love reading the book of Proverbs it's like a big collection of fortune cookie fortunes ;)

Cool about the mentor and friends. However, friends are suppose to help out in times of need, otherwise they're not true friends.
Trix_110
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:How about picking a good from the Bible and committing to reading a couple of chapters a day. I love reading the book of Proverbs it's like a big collection of fortune cookie fortunes ;)

Cool about the mentor and friends. However, friends are suppose to help out in times of need, otherwise they're not true friends.
The main reason I say that they don't need to know about my problems is because my friends are the most peculiar bunch of people, some are depressed but try their hardest not to show it and some are very shy around other people, they have tons of problems of their own and something like this is the last thing they need.

But for reading the proverbs, I feel that would be a good book to read but psalms has been coming up a lot recently and so I thought I would read that and after reading psalms I will read proverbs and I will also try to read at least one chapter a day.

What version of the bible do you think would be good with someone(aka, me) who has problems concentrating for an extended period of time?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
There are some good audio bible's out there that are well done and fun to listen to. My church uses the ESV translation and I like it.
Trix_110
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:There are some good audio bible's out there that are well done and fun to listen to. My church uses the ESV translation and I like it.
Thank you! I have never really thought about audio bibles before but that seems like a good idea.

On my phone I use an app called youversion is has over 45 different translations of the bible inside that you can switch and change whenever you like. I will most likely find the ESV version in there. Thank you!
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Trix_110 wrote:
ccgr wrote:There are some good audio bible's out there that are well done and fun to listen to. My church uses the ESV translation and I like it.
Thank you! I have never really thought about audio bibles before but that seems like a good idea.

On my phone I use an app called youversion is has over 45 different translations of the bible inside that you can switch and change whenever you like. I will most likely find the ESV version in there. Thank you!
If you don't mind me asking, what do you think is the reason your ''moving away'' from God? Simply because you haven't gotten around to it, or is it something else? Is there something bad that happened recently, or you feeling the pressure of life?

Whether you decide to answer is up to you, but I would try to look for the source of why this is happening, then take it up to the Big Guy, and ask what my parents think about it. And if you want, it would be good to ask a pastor, too. As ccgr said, read you Bible a lot, and pray like crazy. Not just for this, but for everything. There is power in the name of Jesus, and I'm pretty sure you know that. One thing I found my my walk with the Lord is that: If I feel that this was the right thing to do according to the Holy Scripture, than I'm on the right track. But be careful not to let your mind trick you for you heart. It happens a lot of the time, but if you commit your way to God, He will whisper a bit louder in your heart, than your mind.

Well, I'm not a great and wise prophet, or saint, but hope this helps.

''God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him''. (Philippians 2:13)

''Delight yourself in the Lord, and do good; and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He will bring it to pass''.(Psalm 37:4-5)
Trix_110
Noob
Noob
CRCBrony wrote:
Trix_110 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think is the reason your ''moving away'' from God? Simply because you haven't gotten around to it, or is it something else? Is there something bad that happened recently, or you feeling the pressure of life?

Whether you decide to answer is up to you, but I would try to look for the source of why this is happening, then take it up to the Big Guy, and ask what my parents think about it. And if you want, it would be good to ask a pastor, too. As ccgr said, read you Bible a lot, and pray like crazy. Not just for this, but for everything. There is power in the name of Jesus, and I'm pretty sure you know that. One thing I found my my walk with the Lord is that: If I feel that this was the right thing to do according to the Holy Scripture, than I'm on the right track. But be careful not to let your mind trick you for you heart. It happens a lot of the time, but if you commit your way to God, He will whisper a bit louder in your heart, than your mind.

''God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him''. (Philippians 2:13)

''Delight yourself in the Lord, and do good; and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He will bring it to pass''.(Psalm 37:4-5)
I suppose the main reason of why I am moving away from him is because of the pressures of life, I just only got into year 11 and it suddenly darned on me that I have no idea what I'm going to do next after school. All I know is that I want to go to collage and this worries me and has been in my mind for the past couple of years but has been recently getting more and more into the subject of conversation and it's the pressure that the schools put onto you, it doesn't help. All they are doing is pushing me more and more and soon I feel I'm going to snap.
Last edited by Trix_110 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trix_110
Noob
Noob
CRCBrony wrote:
Trix_110 wrote:

Also thank you for the bible verses they seem to be very comforting.
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
That's what I'm here for, sister! And don't be too worried. In fact, don't be worried at all. God has got His hand on you, and He will help you through EVERY SINGLE THING IN LIFE, but first, you have to ask for it.

''Ask, and ye shall receive.
Seek, and ye shall find.
Knock, and it shall be open unto you''. Matthew 7:7
lokik21
Hey I was feeling that way a few months ago myself but am doing better. I'll still pray for you of course but I can tell you what helped for me, although I don't know which Christian denomination you are I'm Catholic so it may or may not vary.

Lately ive been praying the Rosary at least once a day which has helped me a lot, I've also more recently started praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet, which even if you're not Catholic that should be more accessible I'd say. I've been trying to understand better and come to God on his terms and not mine. That's something I've had to realize, so I've been reading the Bible and reading a lot of books about God and the people of the that serve God such as Maxamilian Kolbe, Padre Pio, Augustine, Aquinas, GK Chesterton, CS Lewis and JRR Tolkein. Going to daily Mass has also helped me immensely. To go and hear the readings each day in God's presence is wonderful, now you can always do the readings yourself but for myself I quite enjoy Homilies as God's word will affect everyone differently and they may make a good point you hadn't realized. I've also been doing Adoration Hour, which has been wonderful. If you don't know what that is you pray to God for an hour or just be in His presence and reflect. Also volunteer work is good! This is something I need to get into more myself still but serving all of God's people is a very good idea I'd say. The last thing is as you've done reach out to people you trust and will help. I hope this has helped, God bless and I'll pray for you.
Trix_110
Noob
Noob
lokik21 wrote:Hey I was feeling that way a few months ago myself but am doing better. I'll still pray for you of course but I can tell you what helped for me, although I don't know which Christian denomination you are I'm Catholic so it may or may not vary.

Lately ive been praying the Rosary at least once a day which has helped me a lot, I've also more recently started praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet, which even if you're not Catholic that should be more accessible I'd say. I've been trying to understand better and come to God on his terms and not mine. That's something I've had to realize, so I've been reading the Bible and reading a lot of books about God and the people of the that serve God such as Maxamilian Kolbe, Padre Pio, Augustine, Aquinas, GK Chesterton, CS Lewis and JRR Tolkein. Going to daily Mass has also helped me immensely. To go and hear the readings each day in God's presence is wonderful, now you can always do the readings yourself but for myself I quite enjoy Homilies as God's word will affect everyone differently and they may make a good point you hadn't realized. I've also been doing Adoration Hour, which has been wonderful. If you don't know what that is you pray to God for an hour or just be in His presence and reflect. Also volunteer work is good! This is something I need to get into more myself still but serving all of God's people is a very good idea I'd say. The last thing is as you've done reach out to people you trust and will help. I hope this has helped, God bless and I'll pray for you.
I'm not Catholic but I reading from the point of view from cheistians from more around my time than the christians in the bible would be more relatable as they go through more of the modern struggles and also I'm working on trying to help out at my church by helping the younger sunday school sessions and by helping out on this monthly activity called messy church that my church has recently decided to do. As for praying I feel that is something I need to remember to do more of, most of the times I remember to pray about a problem and ask for help but afterwards I forget to thank him.
Trix_110
Noob
Noob
CRCBrony wrote:That's what I'm here for, sister! And don't be too worried. In fact, don't be worried at all. God has got His hand on you, and He will help you through EVERY SINGLE THING IN LIFE, but first, you have to ask for it.

''Ask, and ye shall receive.
Seek, and ye shall find.
Knock, and it shall be open unto you''. Matthew 7:7
This is very supportive and good advise. I will tey to pray more.